Post not being delivered by Royal Mail

gazzam

Now no sign of a missing parcel, posted over a week ago. Customer Services said tracking showed it had arrived at Peckham sorting office 5 days ago. There has been no attempt to deliver. I don't understand how they are getting away with this.

Is anyone have a recent issue with post in the area? We have found it very erratic since moving here July 2022, and recent first class letters from the NHS have reached us over a week after being posted. We have received no mail at all this week. I have seen reference to this being a historic issue but are people still experiencing it?

I chased up a parcel delivery last week where online tracking stated that they could not 'access property'. According to Customer Services agent this could mean anything from local road closures elsewhere preventing transit to obstruction to actual property. However, in my case he said the Peckham & East Dulwuch DO had reported a lot of sick leave in the last week or so which, combined with bank holidays, probably was the reason why my parcel had not been delivered. He opened a case with expected feedback within 10 days or so, however the parcel arrived within a few days of my phonecall. I have noticed a lot of delays recently.

Just talked to our (temporary cover) postie.  She said there's been a huge backlog recently, staff sickness, staff shortage, and lots of Bank Holidays have just exacerbated it.  She's hopeful that the backlog will steadily get sorted over the next week or two.  Here's hoping.  But this feels like the end of the Royal Mail service that we grew up with.

The end of a reliable service in E Dulwich was when they sold the local delivery office off and turned it in to flats. Peak times and with the bank holidays, problems.

They don't want people to use the post and having things takes weeks to be delivered helps achieve that I guess. 

It’s clear Royal Mail is broken around here and no-one can do anything about it. It’s that moment of dread when you realise someone is sending you something in the post and you wonder if it might ever arrive.

Unfortunately when management and unions go to war it is the customer who suffers the most and what used to be a great service gets run into the ground. 

I just had a mid-morning Sunday delivery. It was two magazines and several postcards which makes me think it was a “backlog” delivery of items deemed less important than most other forms of mail. At least effort is being made to clear the glut. 

I got a big delivery of circulars, magazines, postcards etc. today - a Bank Holiday. The postie said there is a big backlog and that it is worse in Bromley - his usual beat. He said Sunday/holiday deliveries are pretty usual now.  

We seem to get parcels delivered roughly on time, but letters are clearly held back until RM decide there are enough to justify posting. So zero letters for about a week, then a huge pile arrives. 1st class regularly take a week from postage date.