Out of ED recommendation wanted for good place to eat lunch on the river or in Borough

Jasmina

the globe resteraunt ( in globe theatre) has lovely views and good food. Borough market Roast in market feels a bit special great view over the market and traditional British food Fish! in Borough market good fish and good spot. Both branches of Tas ( borough market and on river) always good ( river one more casual than one on Boough High St) Skylon in Royal Festival Hall great food , great view. Blue Print cafe in Design museum ditto ( tower bridge end). More fun and casula ( cheaper) are Feng Sushi in Borough mkt and Tapas place on corner Brindisia - delicious but can't book so have to wait for a table sometimes and applebys - great fish and cheaper than fish! have fun. (I work in Borough Market & like food)

Elliots in Borough mkt is one of our favourites. Also heard good things about Applebees, but not been there myself.

If you fancy the short walk down to Bermondsey Street, Jose and Pizarro do cracking Spanish food (Jose for tapas, mainly standing room, Pizarro for a la carte). And Zucca is excellent.

My favourite is Brindisa, you can't book but can wait and have a glass of wine at the bar. It's got a good buzz about it - on the corner of Borough Market.

Pizarro is also good on Bermondsey St

Whats the Tate Modern restaurant like - I heard about the views there but assumed it's

probably tourist orientated (so not the best for eating) ?

There seems to be a members room opening too.