One in three hungover at their desk

LuvPeckham

A report on the BBC website, highlights that one in three of us are hungover at our desk, and one in ten of us may be drunk at our desk.

look around you, look to your left at the person sitting there, and to your right to the person sitting there. They obviously aren't hungover or drunk so you may be able to conclude that they are the other two who didn't go out last night !! (or didn't drink when they were out)

Don't let them get away with looking so self assured and smug.. the one on your left should by now be a useful source for a large coffee and the one on the right should be a useful source for a nice greasy bacon and egg buttie..

:)-D

Ha ha - I saw that and sent it on to my colleagues, given my state last Friday. :)-D

To be fair though, if it's a school night I do try to keep it restrained. I tend not to be too bad hangover wise, but since turning 28 last month I have noticed things begin to take a turn for the worse.... :-(

Today's office piss-artists are nothing to what it was like back in the 70s when I first started working on the newspapers. By 11am most mornings there would be a bottle of Scotch on the desk and people would be banging on the door of the pub downstairs to be let in.

Actually, the bloke in the picture pouring himself a large Scotch is the dead spit of my company's soon to be retired Pensions Manager. In fact I'd swear it was him and so do all my colleagues.

I work in an office of 9... last night all went out (minus one) on a "bonding" sesson with our soon to be new catering team... out of the remaining 8, 7 have made it in to the office, 3 of those are fine and not suffering one bit (although one doesn't drink alcohol), 4 have mega hangovers, by calculations on time alcohol starts moving out of your system and units per hour and the number of units consumed we figure all but 2 must still be drunk... :)) :)-D

KalamityKel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I work in an office of 9... last night all went

> out (minus one) on a "bonding" sesson with our

> soon to be new catering team... out of the

> remaining 8, 7 have made it in to the office, 3 of

> those are fine and not suffering one bit (although

> one doesn't drink alcohol), 4 have mega hangovers,

> by calculations on time alcohol starts moving out

> of your system and units per hour and the number

> of units consumed we figure all but 2 must still

> be drunk... :)) :)-D

So which one are you then... somehow I can't imagine the non drinker !!!

• 3 weeks later...