LTN Discussion

Administrator

I like

"the incumbent Labour councillors, ******, back their continued use." Why have their names been blanked out in the article :) . Probably they were going to mention the names of the candidates in the upcoming election - not sure if the Labour candidates have been selected yet?

I don't think judicial review was ever really going to be the solution, it's very process focused and the outcome is usually that the council has to make the decision again - which doesn't get you very far. But pointing out the flaws in the process does increase political pressure, if enough people become aware of them.

In terms of the moneys - just looked at the GoFundMe page and it said that

"Any residual funds will be donated to the Ella Roberta Family Foundation to improve the lives of children affected by asthma in South East London."

It appears a lot of people are having their SUVs "disarmed" by climate activists in the Dulwich area - really idiotic and dangerous behaviour by whomever is behind this - a lot of vehicles have been targeted across Rosendale Road, Dulwich Village and East Dulwich.

Whatever your views on SUV ownership keep your eyes peeled for anyone doing this as the person/persons need to be stopped as this is incredibly stupid.

Perhaps this is the next step on from pulling down anti-LTN signs....

Interesting to see that the 2 Lib Dem candidates for Village Ward have now come out firmly against the Dulwich LTN scheme as being "Divisive, unfair and ineffective" stating that the LTN is "simply moving congestion and pollution from one part of the area to another" Opponents of the the scheme have, of course, been pointing this out for a couple of years.

It is a shame their Lib Dem colleagues currently on the council were not prepared to call in the scheme (backed by the council's fraudulent stats) or scrutiny but hey, better late than never.

It also means that local labour voters who oppose the botched scheme, but do not wish to vote for the Conservative candidates, now have an alternative.

legalalien Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I would be interested to know whether it's just

> the LD councillors in the Village Ward or whether

> it extends to other wards eg Goose Green as well.

>

> I thought the leaflet that I received was quite

> well written.

People can say anything when they are trying to get your vote. The fact they won't act after the elections is just "meh".

Metallic Wrote:

> People can say anything when they are trying to get your vote. The fact they won't act after the

> elections is just "meh".

If there are any public hustings it would be good to get the local Lib Dem candidates to commit publicly to their position on th junction and what they would do about it.

But tbh the key objective of the majority of local residents who are against the botched scheme, is to get rid of the awful Leeming and Newens who have promoted this scheme agasint the overwhelming wishes of their constituents.

I did enjoy the bit on their leaflet about bringing in a tram whilst 'we wait for the Bakerloo line' - like that's going to be one hell of a wait!

They're also planning to cancel the Silvertown tunnel apparently, though unclear how being elected as cllrs for Village Ward facilitates this. I'm all for that though, so if they can, good work! Similarly their decarbonisation pledges are good if feasible and their tree planting plans.

Whilst its clear that they're promising some things that are firmly outside their remit, their leaflet reads more like a manifesto than the Tories 'back of a fag packet' approach to date. Short of the community bus that mirrors the 37 route and removing the LTNs do the Tories actually have any manifesto promises?

Well, now that Labour mayor Khan has abandoned the Bakerloo line I am glad that the Lib Dems are looking at alternatives. And the Tories, as well as the Lib Dems, do seem to be listening to local residents and looking at ways of addressing the botched LTN schemes that have jsut displaced traffic onto the boundary roads.

In both cases, so unlike our current Labour councillors who have consistently ignored their constituents, except when they are sending them abusive emails!

'Now that Labour Mayor Khan has abandoned the Bakerloo line' - really - that's your take on TFL finances?

Nothing to do with the Tories playing politics with funding and TFL being continually on the brink of bankruptcy as a result of gradual un-funding since Johnson was mayor!

Goldilocks, please just give me a yes or no answer to the 2 questions.

And, back to the issues relating to Dulwich, the issues that are within their remit, at least the Lib Dems and Tories are listening to the local residents who are overwhelmingly against the botched schemes promoted and supported by Labour councillors Leeming and Newens.

I donated to One Dulwich and have no problem with that. Need to keep trying as long as there is hope to remove the harmful, unjust and utterly ineffective scheme which is LTN. The rest of the money can be donated or, even better, used to remove the planters and bollards currently blocking the roads.

Those very ugly red and white bollards mentioned by ab29 were put in to the traffic crossing in the village because the car drivers used the pavement to get round the planters. Perhaps, if we have reluctantly to accept that the barriers to traffic are here to stay, the money held by One Dulwich could be used to make the area more attractive by replacing the bollards, if they are still necessary [the new traffic lights might have solved this problem] by putting in more planters and paying for the old ones to be restored with plants.

Hopefully, like me, others are accepting the situation and would welcome the area being made less unsightly.

ab29 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I donated to One Dulwich and have no problem with

> that. Need to keep trying as long as there is hope

> to remove the harmful, unjust and utterly

> ineffective scheme which is LTN. The rest of the

> money can be donated or, even better, used to

> remove the planters and bollards currently

> blocking the roads.

How much is left?

Yes I think those that support the council need to be very careful about questioning whether OneDulwich have spent their money wisely....people who live in glass houses etc....

Does anyone know how much the council has wasted on these projects? I know they will claim it's not "their" money as it was funded from central government but it is still "our" money.