ED Nature Watch

Are you single Foxy as I think we'd get on well?!!! "My" foxes do the same and sit by the back door waiting for supper 😄. But one has terrible mange and I can't find any animal charity to help me trap the poor thing in order to treat him or her 😭😭😭

Thank you yes I had already tried the Fox Project but they say they don't cover SE London unfortunately and suggested I try (which I am) a homeopathic treatment which i have no faith in, to be honest. Vet will not give me proper vetinary medication on prescription as it is very dangerous to dogs but they could administer it if fox was caught.

We have also been concerned about and trying to feed (and medicate homeopathically, which we have no faith in either) a very sickly fox cub in the vicinity of the new life assembly church on upland. Perhaps the same fox?

Zig-Zag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you yes I had already tried the Fox Project

> but they say they don't cover SE London

> unfortunately and suggested I try (which I am) a

> homeopathic treatment which i have no faith in, to

> be honest. Vet will not give me proper vetinary

> medication on prescription as it is very dangerous

> to dogs but they could administer it if fox was

> caught.

• 1 month later...

I?ve got some trees (2ft whips) courtesy of The Conservation Volunteers to make SE22 greener, fight the climate crisis and to help wildlife.

If you would like some please let me know. You can either collect from Crystal Palace Rd or if you are local and not a gardener I am happy to plant them for you in your garden. All the trees (Rowan, Bird Cherry, Hazel, Hawthorn and Crab Apple) are suitable for small gardens.

IlonaM Wrote:

> nxjen Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Signs of spring: daffodils are already above

> > ground in my garden

>

>

> My cherry is in blossom. Barmy.

Some cherries are winter-flowering.

Is it this one?

https://www.ornamental-trees.co.uk/prunus-subhirtella-autumnalis-rosea-tree-p225/s13045?utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=prunus-subhirtella-apos-autumnalis-rosea-apos-form-pruned-amp-sh-form-pruned-shaped-tree-supplied-size-150-200cm-root-type-10l-pot-prau10l150-200&utm_campaign=froogle&gclid=CjwKCAiA3OzvBRBXEiwALNKDP3OBgYJcL6eV-uOmdtGceDEhDx90klBPUcLyR5yEk6YeEARgj437MxoCcJoQAvD_BwE

(I had to edit a number of times because all of the RHS links I tried to post came up with this error message when I clicked on them on here: "A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (?)".

OOOERR :(

• 3 weeks later...

Sue Wrote:

> > My cherry is in blossom. Barmy.

>

>

> Some cherries are winter-flowering.

>

> Is it this one?

>

>

> https://www.ornamental-trees.co.uk/prunus-subhirte

> lla-autumnalis-rosea-tree-p225/s13045?utm_medium=c

> pc&utm_term=prunus-subhirtella-apos-autumnalis-ros

> ea-apos-form-pruned-amp-sh-form-pruned-shaped-tree

> -supplied-size-150-200cm-root-type-10l-pot-prau10l

> 150-200&utm_campaign=froogle&gclid=CjwKCAiA3OzvBRB

> XEiwALNKDP3OBgYJcL6eV-uOmdtGceDEhDx90klBPUcLyR5yEk

> 6YeEARgj437MxoCcJoQAvD_BwE

>

I've been here a few years now and it is more of an early Spring cherry!! It's very pretty in an otherwise wintery-looking garden, but jumping the gun a wee bit.

Sue Wrote:

> Lots of loud bird song the last couple of days.

>

> Very welcome, of course, but a bit early in the

> year for it, isn't it??

Loads of early risers in Underhill too. I love the dawn chorus.