Royal Mail Late Deliveries and the price we have to pay

i got a PCN and i challenged that with TFL   and once i received the Rejection letter from TFL i saw yes the PCN was issued correctly and  i tried to pay the £80 the same day i got the Letter from TFL  and saw the pcn has gone up to £160. and when i looked at the date the letter was posted i got the letter 3 weeks Late..i tried to tell this to TFL and the answer was it Not TFL fault that Royal Mail delivered your letter late.  i got in touch with the London Tribunals and was told sorry its too Late for you to Appeal. i got on to Royal Mail and after lots of calls and Emails the Royal Mail confirmed in writing that yes there is a Problem in Delivering post Late in East Dulwich. with that proof  Appealed again to London Tribunals and this time with the evidence from Royal Mail i had a Hearing with the Adjudicator i put all my evidence to them and they said they will let me know in writing . the Adjudicator excepts that yes Royal Mail delivers post Late in east Dulwich  But still held me Responsible and Punished me for it . so i paid £160 . this is the Decision of the Adjudicator at the end Please if there are Lawyers who can advise us in east Dulwich  what we can do and how we can hold royal Mail responsible for this mess  even today i got about 10 letters some 3-4 weeks Late. i am here and will do what ever i can to work together with you all so please lets do it.PCN1.thumb.jpg.08a8803994eea8fb1748a8cb1e6e3bad.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am waiting for a number of things which were posted weeks ago. For some of them I have tracking numbers. According to the tracking, one item was collected from the sender on 24 August and delivery has not yet been attempted. FFS.

Unless I've missed it, there now seems to be no way to complain to Royal Mail except by phoning. I phoned the other day and got a recorded message saying there was a sixty minute wait 😮 so I didn't bother.

I spoke to our postie yesterday and he said there was a backlog and that my things should be delivered "later today" (ie yesterday). Obviously they weren't. I have no idea if he genuinely believed that.

I don't know why my previous post was so amusing, but I am now going to email Helen Hayes, because the situation is appalling. 

And I will copy in the CEO of Royal Mail, if I can find the correct email address which I think someone posted on here once.

On 10/09/2023 at 10:25, tiddles said:

No the post office is a private company. I’m having real problems with bank cards not arriving….

Yes, and all these problems started with the  privatisation.

Edited by Sue
Adding information

It's reassuring to read other people's accounts and to know that I'm not the only one waiting for post from August - I'd begun to think they'd singled me out as not worthy of deliveries. I thought perhaps they'd put my address down as "property inaccessible" as I too got that excuse on tracked post last month.

I 'phoned and registered a complaint with customer services on Monday and that produced a few letters yesterday, so I suppose they think the complaint's resolved, which it isn't, as I still have letters and parcels outstanding from weeks ago. The tracked parcels have been noted as missing, but I was just advised to contact the senders if I want the disappearance investigated. Frustrating and worrying.

I'm relieved nowadays when any of my post reaches me.

I thought I was so careful, and in a moment of distraction I didn't realise a text was spam and clicked on a link on a text, supposedly from Royal Mail telling me they couldn't deliver an item due to an incomplete address.

Luckily I belatedly smelled a rat - some of the wording should have warned me before - and I deleted all the personal information I was about to send off.

The thing is, some of that info was already in there, including my phone number (well I suppose they had to have had that, in order to text me, but that didn't occur to me at first).

Because I'm waiting for so much stuff, I hadn't bothered to check if the tracking reference was genuine.

Screenshots attached. Be careful out there, people.

Just read it again, and I can't believe I was so stupid (and just thankful I wasn't even more stupid 🙄)

Screenshot_20230921-172753.png

Screenshot_20230921-172659.png

Edited by Sue
Changing something that was wrongly remembered :)

As terrible Royal Mail has gotten for customers, I feel AWFUL for the employees. 

Im on a route in Peckham and stopped getting daily post delivery during the pandemic, it’s never come back. The collection depot is a short walk so I would just go there every day to collect it, now it’s only open 2 hours a day. 

And my route? It’s not a dedicated route anymore. It gets handed to a lucky carrier when they finish their regular route. 

I learned all this from the workers at the collection depot. I had considered writing a STRONGLY WORDED LETTER to our MP, but it feels like there’s not much to be done to reverse the decline at this point. Look at me. Beaten into apathy.

RIP Royal Mail (horse years-2023)

8 hours ago, Lynne said:

Our postman just leaves all the mail (when it does eventually arrive) on the porch. Just help yourself, folks.

A growing stack of TV License warnings would make a poignant conceptual art piece. 

On 20/09/2023 at 14:42, alice said:

When you get another letter saying kings appointment postponed for 2 weeks and it’s still too late to attend. 

That is dreadful. Last Friday I received a letter regarding my x-ray appointment, which had taken place on Tuesday (luckily they had texted). Today I've received a fairly important hospital letter which I should have received two weeks ago, looking at the date on the letter.

The trouble is, a lot of organisations insist on using the post.

I can understand that bank cards etc have to be physically delivered, but when it is purely information, surely they could email or text it, or send a secure message via their website, or some other way?

When I have told people that if they insist on using the post I may not get it for months, or at all, they just ignore me. 

I know it isn't just this area that is having such terrible delays, even with tracked items, so why hasn't that sunk in with the organisations sending out important and time critical information?

And as for parcels and packets, I have just received refunds from both Amazon and eBay for items which haven't arrived. But I'd rather have had the effing items in the first place.

The eBay one was a secondhand book which I've now got to seek out again and hope it arrives within the next year or so 😡

Edited by Sue
Adding information

I've posted about my son's late birthday cards on this forum for years. He's just received one - 9 days late. Not as bad as some years but still, enraging. And someone paid £1.10 for that service, which is rising to £1.25 from October 2nd! I guess sending letters and cards will become a thing of the past even sooner than we thought. 

Sod's law. Yesterday I got a refund from Amazon.

Today the item arrived (supposedly 24 hour tracked, posted in August), along with the eBay book for which I have already had a refund, and another book which I had completely forgotten I had ordered (also in August).

They must be slowly getting through the backlog ....

Our postman comes about once a fortnight. Parcels never arrive on time. I now check before I buy anything online. If they use Royal Mail, I don't buy it. I know it won't arrive, no matter what delivery time is promised. There used to be a councillor on this forum who would check posts and take up causes, James? It's a shame that we no longer have any councillors looking out for us.

18 hours ago, Mabaker said:

Our postman comes about once a fortnight. Parcels never arrive on time. I now check before I buy anything online. If they use Royal Mail, I don't buy it. I know it won't arrive, no matter what delivery time is promised. There used to be a councillor on this forum who would check posts and take up causes, James? It's a shame that we no longer have any councillors looking out for us.

The last councillor who posted on here was given a very hard time by some other members of the forum, so I'm not surprised if he gave up trying to help.

It must be a hard enough job without that.

I signed up a long time ago to receive SE22 service update emails from RM.  This one, the first I can remember,  arrived this morning.

We're sorry to advise that parts of the SE22 postcode area may experience disruption to deliveries due to resourcing issues at the East Dulwich Delivery Office.We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your understanding.

We'll be back in touch to inform you when the resourcing issues have improved.
Please note: To collect items from our Customer Service Point, you will need a valid 'Something for you' card or electronic notification advising we're holding an item for you. Please check  [URL] for opening times, as these may be subject to change.

Kind regards,

Royal Mail Customer Services

We are indeed on today's Deliveries Today list at https://www.royalmail.com/service-update.

Edited by ianr
failed attempt to correct indentation of final para.

All you can do is keep emailing Helen Hayes and copy in Royal Mail. It's ridiculous that we have to keep doing that but Royal Mail just refuse to respond to anything else. I spoke with Helen about it recently and she said one thing that gets things moving is if she phones them on Friday and tells them she's coming to visit the depot on Monday, backlogs get attacked over the weekend. But obviously she can't do that all that often given all the other things she has to do as MP.

On 09/09/2023 at 16:24, dulwich1955 said:

who can advise us in east Dulwich  what we can do and how we can hold royal Mail responsible for this mess 

If it's compensation you have in mind in your case, i'd suggest that it's not to be got from RM.  I ve PM'd you.

9 hours ago, ianr said:

I signed up a long time ago to receive SE22 service update emails from RM.  This one, the first I can remember,  arrived this morning.

We're sorry to advise that parts of the SE22 postcode area may experience disruption to deliveries due to resourcing issues at the East Dulwich Delivery Office.We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your understanding.

We'll be back in touch to inform you when the resourcing issues have improved.
Please note: To collect items from our Customer Service Point, you will need a valid 'Something for you' card or electronic notification advising we're holding an item for you. Please check  [URL] for opening times, as these may be subject to change.

Kind regards,

Royal Mail Customer Services

We are indeed on today's Deliveries Today list at https://www.royalmail.com/service-update.

That's a bit weird, because there isn't an "East Dulwich Delivery Office" any more, is there? 

Items are certainly delivered (or not) to East Dulwich, but the actual Delivery Office is in Peckham!