Alcohol

Nero

Asset Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> just tucking into a glass of white now. haven't

> quite crossed the yardarm (or is that 12 noon?)

When the sun is over the yard arm is an old naval term my dad used a lot. And, when it was over the yard arm that's when he'd start drinking. But noon is probably about right or perhaps a little earlier.

just moving on to the left-over red now with my pasta. I can't be that bad if I've actually got left-over wine can I? And I have been up since 7 and I have got to steel myself for that trip to Homebase (excuses excuses).....

Back safely from Homebase and no, I was driving I only had a couple of little glasses officer. Actually it was fairly painless and the nice people let me replace the energy saving lightbulb I smashed as I was loading the stuff into the car, must be my winsome ways.

I love alcohol but I am no alcoholic.

I only drink if i am out at a pub, party, wedding etc which is not often or if I am having a feast at someone's house or my house.

I most certainly do not drink every day or every weekend, i can go weeks without a drink but at the same time I can drink every weekend if there are non stop social gatherings.

I was brought up on booze when I was a kid, my parents and grandparents always gave me a sip of rum or wine with my meal when I was a kid in order to get me used to booze and to build up an immunity to it as a result I have never got drunk out in public, flashed my boobs, or done a full moon. I know my limit and I rarely go over it, I conduct myself very well in public and I have outdrank many people who thinks a wee thing like me could not hold her drink!

I think with the Brits we tend not to drink with our meals, we go to the pub and we have just up until 11pm to drink, hence the bingeing culture, whereas with our counterparts in Europe they drink with their meals, and they have ample time to enjoy a drink.

The bingeing culture is NOT new so don't let them fool you, we have ALWAYS been known as louts, look at very old texts and stories from hundreds of years ago and they talk about us drunken brits! I guess it is in our genes...well not mine since i am mixed and I can handle my booze!

I only drink if i am out at a pub, party, wedding etc which is not often or if I am having a feast at someone's house or my house.

I most certainly do not drink every day or every weekend, i can go weeks without a drink ....I have never got drunk out in public, flashed my boobs, or done a full moon. I know my limit and I rarely go over it, I conduct myself very well in public

f*ck a duck. I thought I was well behaved by only flashing my tits/ falling of bar stools/ "serenading" ED/ crying in public once a week.

I have a problem.

It begins with "Why" and ends in "ine".

Ah HeidiHi - you've never had the pleasure of waking up in a strange house whilst the night before comes back to you in small and usually not ordered glimpses.

Should I get up and go to the toilet? Hmm now is that the toilet door or am I going to show my half naked self to the street?

.....Mr CamberwellOz locked himself out of the flat naked once. He had to wrap the other flat's old newspapers around him to keep warm and wait for a mate to bring some keys over in the morning. How did his friend know? Well Mr CamberwellOz had to knock on our neighbours door wrapped in the sports section and ask to use their phone.

Now I'm married and a mum, I think life would be quite dull without these funny memories.

LOL!!!

I have never woken up in someone's house, broke down crying, danced on the bar or anything like that!

For some reason when I start getting drunk, my first instinct is to go home, drink a pint of water, pop a painkiller and go to bed! My body/mind does not let me get to the point where I black out, flash body parts and the rest.

The only time I have blacked out was when I was about 19 and I had a drinking competition with my brother's friend at my house, he declared that girls cannot hold their drinks like men, so egged on by friends and family, we both drank straight brandy, rum, wine, baileys, vodka, gin, wine etc....and eventually he dropped, and then I blacked out, but made it upstairs to my bed and woke up with vomit...my own of course...I am sure I had the shakes for a month after that.....ewwww! It has been captured on camcorder also But that was the one and only time I have ever blacked out and that was in the name of a competition which I won!!

How about an ED alcohol offset scheme? I hardly ever drink these days on account of being pretty crap at it and having to get up for work, so if someone would like to buy my 14 units a week, or perhaps trade them for (see 'Size of Women's Arses' thread) let's say cake units, we're still within the guidelines.