Hi there

muffintop

Hi there, thinking of moving to East Dulwich, thought I'd check out the local forums and say hi to everyone, going to look at some properties over the weekend hopefully time permitting, moving from:) Chatham, Kent, can't take the commute into work anymore

Well what with twin peaks and my muffintop, all quite physical here guys, ;-)just about to read the big bum thread lol! thanks for the nice welcome and for not ignoring me, I know a few sites that don't even acknowledge new members until they have been talking to themselves and posting for at least a week or two!!!

Plus the people I am sharing house with are taking the living P, had enough of sharing, I would really like to rent my own place, and somewhere thats a bit closer to work, think I'll check out your residential section.

Nope it makes you a Chat, Chavs are from Chavmania.

Welcome to East Dulwich online muffintop where you can find out where is both best and worst to eat and drink; this is quite often the same place. You can also learn where to catch the best bus to Camberwell, if you ever feel the need to go to Camberwell that is. If you do don?t worry apparently it?s all of them. And if you ever find yourself wondering what that smell wafting over from the flat next door is, just log on here and check the ?what?s for dinner tonight? thread. You will more than likely find your neighbour?s Turnip Tika Masala recipe.

There are all sorts on here, Scrabble players, class warriors, habitual cat losers, drunks, people who know an awful lot about baby buggies, armchair anarchists, people who support soccer teams form far-flung, mysterious, Northern cities, armchair capitalists, fashion gurus and South East London?s most illustrious cricket team to name a small few.

Workshy reprobates or courageous seekers of truth? I already know the answer to that but will let you find out for yourself.

clubs? of the musical variety? in our beloved ED? off to Brixton with you!

only messing muffintop...welcome to ED. As Brendan pointed out there is an eccentric mix of characters residing in the Lordship Lane suburbs but there is a lovely community spirit underlying any banter.

providing you like organic fodder, bugaboos, estate agents, betting, health matters, nostalgic music and alcohol you'll be grand ;-)

if it's wine bars you are after I'm duty bound to point you in the direction of Green & Blue - although I wouldn't say it conforms to clich?d wine-bar atmos. And that's a good thing

There is also a new wine bar opening shortly on LL - but as it is taking over from the mighty Inside 72 bar, it will have to go some. It's the place with al the newspapers in the window opposite the video shop

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> if it's wine bars you are after I'm duty bound to

> point you in the direction of Green & Blue -

> although I wouldn't say it conforms to clich?d

> wine-bar atmos. And that's a good thing

>

> There is also a new wine bar opening shortly on LL

> - but as it is taking over from the mighty Inside

> 72 bar, it will have to go some. It's the place

> with al the newspapers in the window opposite the

> video shop

Will be sure to check them out on my rounds ha! Sorry your post came in as I was typing mine.

Yay, my kind of place! I've heard that North/South?? Clapham is a good place to visit as it has a few good wine bars and the nightlife is quite lively, how far is that from ED?

And you had started so promisingly. But then you go and use the 'C word'...

peckhamboy Wrote:

But then you

> go and use the 'C word'...

Muffintop, you remember when you were at school, and you automatically hated the school down the road, 'cos it was full of stuck-up idiots/thick louts/whatever, and you always/never beat them at football (delete as appropriate)? It's like that with the EDF and Clapham.

- Ooh, and sorry, hello and welcome! :-$

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> There is also a new wine bar opening shortly on LL

> - but as it is taking over from the mighty Inside

> 72 bar, it will have to go some. It's the place

> with al the newspapers in the window opposite the

> video shop

And I think another one where the Tivoli amusment arcade was...the planning notice advises of a change of use to a bar. Any news on that?

muffintop Wrote:

> Plus the people I am sharing house with are taking

> the living P, had enough of sharing, I would

> really like to rent my own place, and somewhere

> thats a bit closer to work, think I'll check out

> your residential section.

HI there Muffin Top, you're going to love ED!

I'm just in the process of renting out my 1 bedroom flat at the moment if you're interested...

Here's the link!

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?22,128958

do you know, I can't remember if I've dissed Clapham or not. I don't really have any beef with the place at all. I don't go there that often but always have a fine time when I do. Having a dig is just a kind of auto-response now isn't it?

Anyway it takes about 6 minutes to get to Clapham from Denmark Hill train station, with the Picture House cinema just down the road from the station