Booooooooze!

benjaminty

From a leetle French company that import organic wine from leetle (mostly) French vineyards and sell them at wholesale prices. Good combo of supporting small businesses, not drinking sulphates and good price.

My sister works for an airline so buys me duty free premium spirits when she returns from each trip. It's a good way of keeping my bar stocked with the best ingredients at reasonable prices.

Wine - we buy this from Nicolas & occasionally G&B, or keep an eye out for what good stuff is being sold in Sainsburys.

Somerfield usually has a decent Gigondas for about ?7, which is well worth buying.

I've given up buying beer for home consumption, too easy to drink too much and it does tend to enlarge the waistline:-$

Horsebox! I wondered how the huge bar of yours was so well stocked all the time. It was either that or you simply don't drink enough!

I asked the question as I've been dipping into Bossman "organic" wines. Not sure exactly how organic his stuff is but love some of the ales and am trying to work out which ciders to try.. but worry that no one else goes in there.

Has anyone else been in there? If so ... have they been back?

Moos... care to divulge your source?

Most of my stuff comes from G&B.

My Brother's a wine wholesaler and have often had generously discounted selections from him in the past.

They've varied in quality depending on where he was working (oddbins being my favourite), but now he's started at G&B's top supplier I have to say I'm very very excited!!

I tend to buy from G&B because basically I don?t know much about wine. What I have found is that compared to the other choices at G&B I am pretty much guaranteed to get a good bottle even if I just pick one at random.

I think if your knowledge on wine is pretty minimal then a great local wine shop or wine club is the way to go. They are so much more approachable and are actually interested in selling you something you would enjoy. And most of the time - their knowledge is fantastic. They can tell you great wineries to visit and good things that are on. Did you know that it was English Wine Week at the moment?

It looks like it going to be a nice weekend. I think we should all get out there and try some local wine >:D<

• 2 weeks later...

benjaminty Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I asked the question as I've been dipping into

> Bossman "organic" wines. Not sure exactly how

> organic his stuff is but love some of the ales and

> am trying to work out which ciders to try.. but

> worry that no one else goes in there.

>

> Moos... care to divulge your source?

Sorry, wasn't being cryptic, just dippy. Not in the maniacal sense, arf arf.

Vinothentic are the company from whom we get our wine - really nice people and though I'm no expert we've been really pleased with the wine they've helped us to choose.