Wanting to sell good quality second hand clothes.

Flossy

Does anyone know where you can take your quality second hand clothes to sell. I know there is Give & Take but I want to get cash for them rather than a voucher that I then have to spend in their store. Kind of defeats the object! I want to get rid of stuff not replace it with more stuff! There used to be Frankie & Lola in Crystal palace but they've closed down. The place on Melborn grove doesn't buy from individuals but buys bulk stock. Can't seem to find anywhere so any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks!

I haven't got the patience for ebay; either as a buyer or a seller, but there's a lady on ebay who sells my stuff for me when I have a clear-out. She sells high-end designer and there's not much she doesn't know about her niche or about ebay. Her name is Emma and here is a link to her auctions.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/stylesequellondon/m.html?item=251306171912&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

She lives in Kennington.

I like ebay as a buyer but I'm hopeless at bidding and definitely don't have the patience for that. I've only ever bought 'buy it now' items or messaged a seller to ask if they would let me 'buy it now' even if that means risking not getting it at a very low price- if it's something that I like then I'm prepared to spend the money anyway and quite often a seller is willing to do that as it means a guaranteed sell.

Bidding is much easier if you use a sniping website like JustSnipe.

It's free if you don't use it too often.

I've almost always won stuff I've bid for using it - the only time I didn't, my maximum bid was far too low, but I didn't want to pay the price the item finally went for anyway.

I've generally got things much cheaper than I would have done if I'd bid openly (and therefore pushed the price up).

I know it seems unfair, but it's allowed by eBay.

You can also change your maximum bid on JustSnipe right up to the time the eBay auction finishes.

And they will also inform you by email if the bidding goes over your JustSnipe bid, in case you want to up your maximum bid. That does of course depend on you getting the email in time, though!

Give and Take is a Non-Profit shop with all the takings going to breast cancer charities.

Personally my advice would be if you are not desperate for cash, to take the items in there and get the voucher.

You can always use it to buy xmas gifts, or new clothes when you need them-which eventually you will.

I stress I have no connection with the shop, but since I discovered it I now take all my unwanted designer clothes there.

I feel fantastic afterwards, as breast cancer affects so many women (and indeed men) of all ages.

its not exactly a non profit shop to be fair, its a shop that says is gives profit of dontated items to a charity( define profit in this case ). there are true charity shops in the area that will take your stuff and most are clued up enough to sort out the good stuff from the tat and mark up / move on accordingly

But Give and Take still donates to Breast cancer charities.

I was told that if you donate and don't want a 50/50 cut then the total made from the donation goes to charity.

As I am in the fortunate position of not being strapped for cash at the moment, I am happy to give them my unwanted designer clothes.

• 3 months later...

i had a bunch of clothes i didn't wore for at least a year, and i wanted to do the same as you - sell them and get money :)

i am really lazy, so i was trying to find some place where i can sell those online. and i found nice online kinda market, where everybody sells their stuff, you should check it - www.vinted.com