You know you're getting old when...

Atticus

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The older women you used to fantasise about are of

> equal age, or, scarily, slightly younger than you.

A couple of years ago I was on a stag weekend with a bunch of guys who were mainly in their late 30s. One of them repeatedly used the phrase "MILF" over the weekend to describe good looking women only slightly older than himself. I think he was in denial. Or maybe just a bit thick.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A couple of years ago I was on a stag weekend with

> a bunch of guys who were mainly in their late 30s.

> One of them repeatedly used the phrase "MILF" over

> the weekend to describe good looking women only

> slightly older than himself. I think he was in

> denial. Or maybe just a bit thick.

Yeahbut, surely a MILF is a MILF regardless of the age of the objectifying penis-wielder. That is to say, a woman who is a mother and also lucky enough to be included on said idiot's imaginary "would" list, is de facto a MILF in that she is:

a) a mother

b) someone he would like to f***.

She doesn't actually have to be old enough to *be* the knuckle-dragging fool's mother to qualify for the label. I mean, when considering the objectifying categorisation of attractive women we should be clear in our understanding.

Further, an issue may arise in identifying whether the appraised sexual object is indeed a mother, or merely a women of a certain age (shall we say 30-35 and upwards?) who also happens to satisfy the sexual check list of the appraiser. I guess at this point she is merely a WILF. It may be interesting to consider why the attainment of motherhood is, however, deemed the important signifier rather than the mere fact of her age.

Further, if the objectifier is of a similar age to the object we should ask, why would this man draw attention to the age of the woman (mother or not) at all? I think we should consider that by viewing his sexual attraction to a person his own age as worthy of comment, the man in question is tacitly confirming that his libido is usually to be found wallowing around secondary schools at going home time. In short, he's probably a paedo and/or harbours unresolved oedipal fantasies. Did you raise this on the stag do, Jeremy? I'd be interested to hear how it went.

Depends if you take the literal meaning (a woman who is a mother), the true spirit (mother of someone in your own age group), or the modern usage (simply an older woman).

Any of these would be rather moronic, but I'm assuming he meant the third... which ties in with KK's point... there does indeed reach a point where "older woman" fantasies would seem somewhat flawed.

You find yourself working with your old boss's son, who was a new baby when you first started work and is now at university.

That happened to me last summer - was quite odd. I knew really I was approaching 40 but being confronted with someone who was as old as my work life really drove it home.