Questions you've always wanted the answers for

muffintop

(and hopefully some replys to them)

I have always wondered why the menstrual cycles of women suddenly (well within a few months) start regulating so that they all basically become due on/are on their cycles all together, (no matter what time of the month you are due on, you can guarantee that within a few months, all the females within the household eventually regulate so that they all come on within a day or so of eachother and so you then have a household of women PMT-ing together, I have found this in every place I have shared. Can anyone explain why and what purpose does this serve?

Or is it that should there be a fertile man around, all the females of the "pack" fall pregnant at the same time, as in the animal kingdom, thats if he gets around to "servicing" them all, as it were. No, too many personal topics, but am interested to know the reason.

I could have something to do with that. Human societies with a high male mortality rate (coz young men tend to get themselves killed in battle or wrestling mammoths) become polygamous as there are more women than men. So there is probably some long standing evolutionary reason for it. It may even be to ensure that they all don?t fall pregnant at the same time.

Carrying on from the Menstruation topic-I read an article recently in New Scientist that claimed Men who frequented lapdancing clubs could subconsciously tell if one of the lapdancers was ovulating and would therefore favour her over other girls by giving her more money. Fascinating eh, the things we dont know....

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I could have something to do with that. Human

> societies with a high male mortality rate (coz

> young men tend to get themselves killed in battle

> or wrestling mammoths) become polygamous as there

> are more women than men. So there is probably some

> long standing evolutionary reason for it. It may

> even be to ensure that they all don?t fall

> pregnant at the same time.

I think it may be the opposite, as if menstrual cycles are all the same it stands to reason that ovulation will all be approximately around the same time so will then lead to impregnation at roughly the same time apart from the alpha which may be a few days earlier, so make the Alpha leader slightly that much bigger, how that translates to humans is anyone's guess, but may be more appropriate in relation to caveman times.

I was thinking more along the lines of the kind of families you get in some middle eastern and African societies where there will be 1 husband with a number of wives. They may all be ovulating at the same time but will the 1 guy be able to do the rounds in that time?

Suppose it depends on how many wives he has.

Wasps Mr Popaplatypus?

Where?

jimmy two times Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well let's hope all the women I intend to pick up

> in East Dulwich don't fall pregnant when they

> become members of my 'pack'.

Lol, (leader of the pack tune just popped into my head at that one!)

One of these bad boys:

http://www.sholley.com/Resources/clas2large.jpeg

Although that's the infamous four-wheeled version. Excellent stability and load space but poor acceleration off the line. I'd rather go for the traditional two-wheeler myself - this one comes with the addition of a comfortable seat:

http://www.essentialaids.com/images/091175629_medium.jpg

Delightful.

Those are wonderfully practical pieces of kit and I have considered getting one on a few occasions. Not only can you fit all you shopping in them but you also save the rainforests and fluffy bunnies because you don?t need plastic bags.

You may laugh, Mrs Keef's mum gave her one a couple of years back, which we use as our recycle bin... Only problem is, we don't have recycling at our place, so when it's full it needs taking down the high street to the big recycling bins behind Lidles... This has on a couple of occasions (when I couldn't get out of it) meant me taking it down there on my own and feeling a total prick!!!

I've always wanted a shopping basket on wheels to trundle around with but the only ones I've found online are pretty darn pricey. I may have to mug an old dear for one.

To get back to the questions:

Why is it that whenever you do a load of washing that includes a downie cover, everything ends up inside it?