Football Focus

Otta

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> BFS is concentrating on winning the cup and

> avoiding the Europa League. What's not to like? He

> has a good plan and so far it's working. WH are

> not quite good enough to get into the top 4.

Isn't there a fatal flaw in this cunning plan...the winner of the FA Cup qualifies for the Europa League?

malumbu Wrote:

> You really are a bunch of @#$%&

>

> You Jonny come lately Arse fans (this is not

> necessarily aimed at the good denizens of ED).

>

> Oh yah, we are really should get rid of Wenger, he

> has only given us top 4 football for half a

> generation and presided over a financially

> lucrative team, without dodgy money from the gulf

> or Russia.

>

> Fack me, I could only dream of this. You make

> even the Jonny come lately Chelski fans look

> good.

>

> Posh people, where were you when Arse were

> medioccre for long patches of the 70s, 80s and

> 90s

>

> Posted in response to a posh git calling 606

> earlier. Did you even go to the match? Not in

> response to any postings here.

>

> Fack off back to rugby or rollerball or wherever

>

> Give us back our game.

>

> PS I'll be down in the park coaching kids football

> tomorrow.

Regrettably more and more of these c**nts are going to home games and can be overgeard talking about finance for their latest business projects, and cost of child care, and all sorts of other non football related guff. Unfortunately this seems to be something we will have to get used to more and more, and not just at the Arsenal. Ticket prices are already out of reach for a large percentage of those that would love to go, used to go but can't. And it's not just football. Rugby, boxing (I'm talking major title fights here) and tennis comes to mind. Would love to go but unfortunately Twickenham and Wimbledon prices are beyond my reach.

I agree with all of the above. I've not been to White Hart Lane this season as I can no longer afford it. I get my footballing fix at Dulwich Hamlet these days and to be honest I think I enjoy it more there where the fans wouldn't dream of booing their own players and who get behind the team week in week out even when they are three-nil down as was the case last Saturday.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> I agree with all of the above. I've not been to

> White Hart Lane this season as I can no longer

> afford it. I get my footballing fix at Dulwich

> Hamlet these days and to be honest I think I enjoy

> it more there where the fans wouldn't dream of

> booing their own players and who get behind the

> team week in week out even when they are three-nil

> down as was the case last Saturday.

I used to go quite regularly when my son played for Dulwich Hamlet Youth, but haven't been for a while, might start going gain, more in my price bracket and always good fun

OK I've calmed down now.

Both of my boys' teams got 2-2 draws yesterday, although the park match was far more entertaining. Must make an effort to get to DHFC more often.

Anyway back to my earlier comments but changing sport. I actually like going to Wimbledon (tennis), but remember not so many years ago sitting behind a couple of gents checking their e-mails on their Blackberries (this was in a world before i phones, well before they were universal) whilst the tennis match was on and being quite surprised. Fast forward this to Friday, when I was at Old Colfeans near Blackheath whilst the rugger was on. I was playing badminton but could hear the roars from the lounge as England came back to beat Wales. I checked the score occasionally and it was a rowdy if good natured audience, but again imagine my surprise to see a handful glued to their i-phones whilst the match was on. Doing what?? And not kids.

red devil Wrote:

> No idea Reg, but if this story is true it's a bit

> of a shocker...

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-

> 2941681/Cristiano-Ronaldo-filthy-rich-hungry-succe

> ss.html

Jeez, shocking indeed if true.

Anyway, whatever Harmison's being paid, victory for Ashington FC tonight in his first game in charge. #HarmysArmy

I'll believe that when I see it. But at least more and more people are calling for it, and the clubs really can't justify not doing it. However they'll say something along the lines of "to continue to provide the best league in the world it is important that we invest this money in the best talent otherwise they'll go elsewhere". Bit like bankers and bonuses innit.

But more importantly, what a bloody match last night! Obviously I was happy with the end result, but hand on heart I was well in to it like I've not been in to a match for quite a while. Great entertainment.

Loved how Balotelli was chasing everything and wasting time at the end. Spurs p[layers looked like they wanted to slap him (understandably).

Yeah, great match. Pity about the result. I think Spurs deserved a draw but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Nevertheless great entertainment.

I just knew when Balotelli came on he was going to score and so it proved. I'm glad he's finally off the mark because there is no doubting his quality. He's suffered in a similar way to Soldado in that the way the team is set up to play doesn't suit his natural game.

Yep, quality player, but doesn't fit Rogers' style, and Rogers doesn't seem to be the type to bend at all. You can't expect a player to totally change to fit in, otherwise you'll lose their best atributes. Surely they can meet half way? Last night he gets a chance in the box, and he scores. Says it all.

And yeah, either side would have been worthy winners. Liked the way Spurs went for it, they didn't look like an away team.

Re Football prices, I think they will come down as a result of the deal but right now West Ham are one of only 3 clubs in the Premiership to offer adult tickets for ?20 (C list fixtures admiitedly)I can't knock them too much. aAd when we move to OS I think they'll offer great deals to fill it so I am looking forward to a family season ticket type deal.