Melbourne grove estate

Jkartel

Some people have only joined this post to nit pick. Majority of the local area are disappointed, end of. As for funding with the old dulwich hospital grounds, I heard this directly from robin. Those children are now adults and have no use for this as it was promised so long ago and never put into action.

The small fences ontop of existing walls are a great idea, but it doesn't stop people from leaving gates open. These were not an issue, the issue is the park area and the 10ft railings installed to prevent access!

does "nit picking" mean "not agreeing with me"?

you started a thread

your first line was:

"Is it just me or has this place become a prison?"

which is an open question. People are responding. If you only want to (and are maybe used to?) hear people who think the same as you it might be a shock to hear what the rest of the world thinks, but don't get mad at them

Staferjack move on please. The thread was created as a topic of discussion not for people to try and put holes in 1 opinion. Like I have said, the councillors haven't gone the right way about it, it had left mixed opinions. Maybe they might take the into consideration with future investments = making a change. Thanks for your time

This is turning into one of the more unusual threads on the forum.

The facts:

The gates were raised way back after some work by then Village ward councillor Michelle Pearce. She wasnt re elected back in 2006.

The more recent fence raising is via Cleaner, Greener, Safer funding. The applicants were the local Village ward Safer Neighbourhood Team as part of their professional crime prevention work and of the three Village ward councillors who get to allocate these funds - two voted for this scheme - Cllr Toby Eckersley and Cllr Michael Mitchell.

Jkartel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> At the end of the day, i came here to express an

> opinion and have discussions with others that have

> the same views.....

To be fair to the OP, she/he did make it clear that differing views were not welcome!

I've met RCH through our tenants and residents association. I've only ever found her to be helpful, polite and completely on the ball. No hidden agenda that I could see.

Suggest anyone with a complaint about anything this local gets themselves along to their own residents association meetings, become a councillor, write to their own MP or local councillor and change things that way.