Delays in receiving mail & missing mail

Just received a first class letter that's taken 6 days to get here.

I mentioned it to the staff in Sylvester Rd when collecting a parcel, and their reply was "It's because it's changed from Nine elms to Croyden. They're no use at Croyden"

Well, this may well be the correct reason, but it strikes me as a very unsatisfying one. Is there anyone from "Croyden" out there to reply?

Lynne

Tykeinexile Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've been experiencing serious delays in receiving

> mail, some secomd class mail takes over a week to

> reach me and some post just seems to have gone

> missing. I was wondering if anyone else is

> experiencing similar?

Thanks for replies and for advice. Our mail is still missing will give it a few more days before we check with folk at Sylvester rd.

I suspect that delivery to adjacent doors / streets is a large part of the problem, as this has been happening to us (Landcroft Road) on and off for the past few years. I religiously re-deliver, usually one or two doors either side, but sometimes to the same house number in an entirely different street.

Problem is, how many other folks re-deliver? Seriously, I can imagine plenty of mail hitting the doormat of people who won't do that. I've known past neighbours just bin it, which is a disgrace. Perhaps delivery accuracy, and whose doormat it hits, are a part of the problem here.

I second what "The Minkey" says too. Anything not reported to Sylvester Road isn't helping the situation. If they're inundated with accounts of lost / delayed mail, it will soon improve!