Mountain biking

malcomio

i was hoping to get out to some off-road stuff (but nothing too severe). if you've got chunky tyres a hybrid should be OK.

How about this for a plan:

meet in east dulwich early (about 9.00) and ride to clapham junction, then get the train to box hill (about 45 minutes)

there are a few routes around there with big hills, so I reckon on doing less than 10 miles.

Unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Yeah, let's pub lunch it! Have you guys met before?

I have to be a bit careful btw this weekend, as last weekend a small child ran out in front of my bike along the Thames path and I fell off -- didn't break either the child or any of my bones, but bruising on hands/wrists has meant that I don't have usual strength in arms. But have been riding around ED and not too bad :)

Hi Malcom, Sam and Fergus,

Brilliant ride on Sunday, really enjoyed it and meeting you all. Lots of fun.

I know its my job to sort out the route for this Sunday, but I don't think I will be able to do the ride. I can sort out a route for you no problem though. I have sprained my foot dancing to the Specials in Manchester. Its fine, but stiff and can't really walk very fast so reckon I should rest it. I am gutted I was really looking forward to a ride!!

Hi Guys --

Sorry to hear about your foot Mrs -- hope the gig was mostly fun though :)

Yes, I'd be up for a shorter ride again this weekend -- you have my number so please do get in touch if you have anywhere planned. I'm a bit rubbish with routes as I don't know the area that well -- I end up just cycling to Greenwich and shopping for shoes! Fergus is likely up for it too, and another of our friends Patrick said he'd be keen. Just give me a shout on Sat and I'll let the others know :)

S

• 2 weeks later...

Rightie ho get yer bikes out. Is everyone still up for a ride on Sunday?

There are a couple of rides we could do:-

Tower Bridge along the river to Greenwich - easy ride - 15 km

Herne Hill to Greenwich via Ravensbourne - Medium - 17 km

Wimbledon Common and Richmond Park - easy - 10 km

Hey, great day yesterday AF -- had a lovely time cycling to Hyde Park, then to Regent's Park and along the canal to Islington. Anybody want to join us next week?? Something similar? Fiskaroo knows some good back street routes to cut out traffic dodging -- and I really enjoyed seeing parts of London I've never seen before....