Local Secondary Schools(10 Mile Radius)

Tony.London Suburbs

I went to Aske's Boys. It is still there, but is now totally mixed. In my day (89 - 96) it was seperate boys and girls schools with mixed 6th form. I believe the old girls school is now the lower school, whilst upper school and 6th form are now at the boys school.

Couldn't say if these changes have been for better or worse. What I do know is that the head of music John Skinner is still there, and that can only be a good thing. A more passionate and devoted teacher I never had.

I also went to Aske's. It turned me gay.

I remember Mr Skinner and his predecessor who left to have a nervous breakdown, I think.

Spent most of the last few years daydreaming about life beyond school, though I still a warm feeling when I see it from the bus.

cdonline Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I also went to Aske's. It turned me gay.

Did Mr Fisher teach you German by any chance? ;-)

I did music basically so I could be in the mixed choir, orchestra and symphonic band! :-$

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

>

> Did Mr Fisher teach you German by any chance? ;-)

>

Yep, though he wasn't really my type. I think it was the 70s wardrobe and the swish weren't for me.

I got D in my German O' Level.

Can't see flickr from work I'm afraid, but sounds like the same fella if he taught German. Think first name was Simon if memory serves, by the time I was at the school he was head of middle school, and wore one of the robes.