Massive Moving Baby/Toddler/Child Things For Sale

I believe i brought this thread to the ED users attention as I had been in contact with this suppose seller and knew there was something strange going on..... I think and believe that there are several users including the following link that has some kind of connection with peekaboo and i don't believe someone would waste there time registering on ED forum and claiming there going to be selling at your event with somewhat excellent products and not turn up..

This was a marketing ploy and i just want you to know you have been found out peekaboo....

Please be considerate to the mums and dads that use your service as there time is valuable.

I think peekaboo should at least offer free entry to everyone at there next event (not that i will be going).

another user i also believe works or has connection with peekaboo........

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1223086,1223086#msg-1223086

To all, sorry for Sunday I was working Saturday and had to leave work due to a family emergency and had to miss the sale, my table was booked with my sister in law who was also unable to make it due to family issue and a lady on EDF offered to buy everything so sold it all to her last night, I changed it to gone as I have recieved over 200 responses to this post, sorry for not letting people know I hope you can understand with all the emails! Sorry to let people down, I beeline the seller wanted to sell things on so keep your eyes peeled, sorry everyone. Thankyou all for being patient.

Good morning. Melissasmith please could you let us know what names your table was reserved in? I had two people who didn't turn up on Sunday, I have spoken to both of them and neither match your name so I am somewhat confused as to who you were booked to sell with as all

Other sellers turned up and matched my list.

I would appreciate it if you could respond and let us all know just as currently several people on the EDf believe this was a peekaboo marketing ploy which clearly it wasn't.

Cathy

So now I wonder if another brand new poster will appear offering the exact same list of items at a much higher price? They can be safely ignored of course. The most charitable possible explanation is that this was a very badly thought through attempt by someone to stir up interest in their stuff. Given that the items were marked gone at 1.30pm on Sunday, Melissa, it was a very persistent buyer who bought it all last night. And how lucky that you read their PM!

Why has this made me so annoyed?? My PM's have not been read and I also offered to buy everything as I have a number of friends as we all do with little ones and close friends with twins.

I can't understand why I am even posting but it very frustrating to have felt so manipulated. If you were selling to one person or even inundated with offers why were so many of the same things reserved under so many peoples different names. We all want a bargin and tend to understand that its a first come first served so if we miss out well thats our bad luck, but to all be under the impression that we were all able to buy and reserve the same things is just a little out of sorts with the way the east dulwich forum seems to work. This happened before you knew you were unable to make it to the sale,

If you were able to edit your post to GONE could you have just spared a few more words to say that you didn't make it to the sale and to mark it in each of the three sections you advertised. It would probably mean your in box would now not be full of messages that are going unread.

I will stop being pissed off now, well in a bit anyway.

Sadly I think I agree too! As yet I have received no communication from 'melissasmith' explaining how she 'booked' or was 'sharing' her stall which leads me to believe she never did and is only trying to sabotage my business / waste people's time for some unexplained reason. I echo Kathryn that this whole thing has been tiresome, annoying and disappointing. I am absolutely gutted that the 'melissasmith' experience has undoubtedly impacted on my business which I have worked really hard for a year to build up locally. Thank you to all those that have messaged me in support of the events, thank you for taking the time to do so, it has been much appreciated. For those that are still interested in Peekaboo events if you want to know where / when our sales are taking place then please only refer to our Facebook page or website which I personally oversee. Going forward I will be asking sellers not to post any promotional posts here on the forum so that I can keep an eye on any rogue ones that appear. What a sorry state of affairs this has turned out to be.

What an unfortunate situation.

To all of the people saying that they won't go to another peekaboo sale - if this is an attempt to sabotage peekaboo then it's worked perfectly. Try not to let some crazy time wasting scammer cloud your view of a great local business.

I too was promised items by melissasmith and got up early on a Sunday morning to collect them when I could have a lie in etc etc. It's definitely disappointing but I realised pretty quickly that something had gone wrong. I was really annoyed, sure, but made the most of the fact that there were loads of other local mums with great bargains on their tables. I came home with two big bags full of stuff for ?15 and certainly didn't feel like I'd wasted my time.

It was a great sale, and you should definitely go to the next one!

I'm happy to chalk this one up as annoying, but I'd need to be reassured that it won't happen again.

I was promised that Maclaren double buggy for ?20 (living the dream!) and I won't be satisfied until the real melissasmith delivers it to my front door. Seriously, if this strange person was looking for attention, she/he certainly acheived it. I can think of so many more interesting ways to cause trouble and piss people off. Well played, melissasmith, I wait with baited breath for your next shenanigans.

Well, Melissa edited her original post on Sunday afternoon at 1.32pm to say all her stuff was gone. Gone where? We will never know!! Thought she wasn't very well?

I've had a table at two of Peekaboo's sales and have always been impressed with everything.

The whole thing is bizarre. I made an extra effort to go also (no joke with a 6 week old and a toddler). Raced around didn't find her and left. Felt like a bit of a mug though-as someone else said, if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is. Wouldn't put me off peekAbo sales, just ridiculously priced forumites sales (you'll probably get gazumped without notice)!

Just wanted to reiterate some of the positive things being said on here. I have attended three of the Peekaboo sales now and I have seen all of the hard work that Cathy puts in.

As frustrating as it might have been, a seller not turning up is beyond Cathy's control and should not put people off.

P.s. It was so lovely talking to you midivydale, such kind words, thank you.

I assure you guys that midivydale is real and the compliments are from her, not me lol.....just trying lighten the tone :-)