Good board games to play five year old?!

bee74

Old Maid, if card games count. Candy Land is good too but might be hard to get here. Any of the memory/missing match ups games go down well here too. Someone bought us a card game called BrainBox that is good and also one called Elephant's Trunk that is simple enough for 2.5 year old to play too.

Hi

My cousin make these double sided board games for people to enjoy together small or large. They are very fun & unique as they can be custom made to what every game or design you want. You can even have your photo added to the game if you wish depending on your game design you may want.

Her prices vary from ?35 - ?60 which includes delivery to anyone in the East & West Dulwich Area.

For more information just PM me.

My five-year-old got two brilliant games for her birthday -- Dobble and Qwirkle. (Qwirkle is showing as eye-wateringly expensive at the moment, but I'm sure I've seen it for less so hopefully just a holiday blip http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asmodee-ASMDOBB01EN-Dobble-Card-Game/dp/B0031QBHMA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387273356&sr=8-1&keywords=dobble and http://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Board-Games-M32016-Qwirkle/dp/1933054395/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387273396&sr=8-1&keywords=qwirkle).

Both of these are the versions advertised for slightly older children, but can easily be adapted to play with younger children so I wouldn't bother buying the versions they market for younger children. Dobble is a speed matching game and Qwirkle is sort of like a non-verbal version of Scrabble. These are the first two games that we've actually enjoyed playing as much as she does, and the bonus is that each stores in a fairly small container.

My 5yo loves Silly Sentences which is great because she is generally a reluctant reader. Also picture dominoes and Guess Who keep coming out of the games cupboard. We've bought Kids Charades for Christmas so we'll see how that goes, although I think the head bands might have been a better idea.