The Spin Doctor (Appliance Repair) Recommendation

Mrs Tinks

• 1 month later...

Just adding our recommendation to this thread.

We were told by another company that we needed a new motor. They were quoting us ?130 for this on top of the ?125 call out charge we'd already paid. We sought a second opinion from Steve and quickly established that we did not need a new motor and he fixed it (using parts the other company had told us you could not get) in less than 15 minutes for a third of the price they had quoted us.

Make Steve your first call.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I wholeheartedly endorse The Spin Doctor. We have called on him several times over the past few years to tend to different kitchen appliances (dishwasher, washing machine and oven).

1. This doctor always locates the problem and fixes efficiently.

2. He can diagnose over the phone and if it?s very minor, will advise if you can repair the issue yourself.

3. Steve is environmentally conscious in his work and does all he can to avoid you buying a new appliance.

4. Steve is friendly, courteous, and great at explaining things. He loves his job, helping people and making their lives better in the kitchen.

• 1 month later...

An absolutely massive thank you to and recommendation for Steve.

I have a seventeen year old fridge freezer. The fridge suddenly became very warm though the freezer was fine. I feared the worst.

I phoned Steve and he diagnosed the problem immediately and I was able to sort it myself (the frost-free freezer needed defrosting, because there is a fan which sends cold air from the freezer to the fridge, and it had iced up. Who knew?!)

Somebody less honest would have come out, charged a call out fee and then spun me some yarn.

I am really impressed and will definitely use Steve for anything else which goes wrong appliance wise (though my other things are rather less old 🤣)

ETA: All I had to do was turn it off for 48 hours and mop up the water from the back 😮

Luckily I had room in my chest freezer for most of the stuff in the upright freezer. Apart from about twenty lemons 😂

• 2 months later...

I would like to also add that I called Steve to look at my dishwasher problem this week. I also called him maybe more than 5 years ago to fix my washing machine.

Steve is fab! He came on time, diagnosed the problem quickly and he even looks online for you to recommend a new machine if the other one has died, honestly I would always go to Steve if I have any dishwasher/washing machine problems. He was really helpful, kind and just comes across as honest. I would not hesitate to recommend Steve to anyone, it's good to know a good reliable person like that and he knows what he's doing. Thank you Steve!

Katie XXXXX 5 star rating :-) not kisses.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...