The Spin Doctor (Appliance Repair) Recommendation

Mrs Tinks

Washing machine broke down and I have a 2-week old baby - worst possible timing! Needed someone urgently.

Found Steve the Spin Doctor on the forum and gave him a call. Luckily he was in the area and had a quick gap between appointments. Came over, knew what the issue was, had the part we needed and just got on with it. Job done, machine fixed and baby clothes in the wash!

Steve was friendly,thorough and competent. Charged a fair price and even had a card machine which was handy!

Will recommend any time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Another very positive review for Steve the Spin Doctor. He booked us in at short notice and today reprieved our ailing washing machine for the second time in 4 years. Helpfully he also gave recommendations for a suitable replacement when the last rites do have to be administered. He arrived slightly early, identified & solved the problem quickly and charged just his usual call-out fee. Very impressed.

• 2 weeks later...
Steve is professional, liable and knows the inside of a washing machine like no one else. He's just fitted a new seal on the door of my Zanussi in a jiff. Last time around he put in new brushes no nonsense. Totally recommend Steve for any washing machine problems.

• 3 weeks later...
Just another massive recommendation for Steve the Spin Doctor. I called him and he managed to make it over to me the same morning and was in and out within 20-30 mins and I had a working cooker. He's a polite & friendly guy and he is also a tidy and conscientious worker. I now truly understand why he's a local hero!

I used Steve a few weeks ago based on recommendations from this page. I perceived him to be quite rude and abrupt. Washing machine was fixed but price was not particularly competitive. I would advise that other users are not at home on their own when booking a visit. Did not feel unsafe but did feel uncomfortable at abruptness.

I've just had Steve the Spin Doctor over to fix my washing machine, it's not the first time I've used him and won't be the last! He is professional, polite and honest. I'd always recommend him. Ignore previous post advice by mclarkSE, it's utterly ludicrous.

A big thanks to Steve for fixing our washing machine today. Had emailed him on Sunday and he arranged to come today and was punctual and efficient. Fitted new brushes to the machine and was done and dusted in 20 mins, at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended!