October sun holiday with kids - RECOMMENDATIONS?

Hello all - looking for recommendations from anyone on good family destinations for some pre-winter guaranteed sunshine. We have a baby and a 4 year old so looking for somewhere hassle free e.g. somewhere close to an airport for a DIY holiday or a decent all inclusive. It would be end of October. There seems to be so much choice/ variation and personal recommendations are so valuable!

thanks in advance

Went to Sensatori Tenerife (posh Thompsons holiday) last June & hoping to return in Sept.

Is all-inclusive & offers lots of free activities, amazing pools & great kids entertainment. Think there's a few other FR-er's who've been there too.

I'm with buggie - we've been to the Sensatori Tenerife (the Gran Melia Palacio de Isora to give it its full name) twice alone and are going with our 15 week old daughter a week on Saturday. It's a big complex with several restaurants etc. We've actually always booked direct with Easyjet flights and have just done the same again as we priced it up and it was a bit cheaper. We were also able to directly book a one bedroom suite which we thought would be useful with our daughter and all her baggage :). Talking of which, we also found a great company called hire4babytenerife (google it) which is delivering a bouncy chair, play mat, steam steriliser and bath support for about ?45 for a two week hire period. They also hire buggies, car seats etc.

• 3 weeks later...
@buggie were loing to go away end May /beginning if June. When in June did you go and what was the weather like? I like it hot so were looking for somewhere that's definitely going to be warm - sunbathing weather :)

Have a look at Neilson holidays. We've been to two of the Greek resorts for the first week of October, weather mostly sunny and hot. I would imagine the resorts in Turkey will be hotter/sunnier at that time also. Excellent holidays with brilliant childcare (which is free for over 2s).

We went to Rhodes with Mark Warner last Sept, I know the resort there is open until Nov. it's a purpose built resort for MW & it was my first experience of that kind of all-inclusive holiday so i was a little worried how it would be but we had a great time. The childcare was great with evening childcare included so you can have dinner as a couple & my son loved the playground (he was 21 months at the time but great for older kids too).

Went to Bodrum Imperial in Turkey last October with our 3.5yr old. Fantastic kids club. Fab pools, on the beach, all excellent!! All inclusive was the best deal, took the stress out of mealtimes etc. and nice and quiet too as went in term time.