(the cafe & hairdressers next to lloyds) Closing on lordship lane

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I still call it Seegars even though

> Roche took it over more than 20 years ago.

Same here, my dad used to take me to Seegars when I was little.

Roche had the place refurbished a couple of years ago, which may have caused issues with cash flow. He's also had increased competition from further down LL from the barbers opposite the old police station and Jazz Barbers.

Incidentally it appears that Badger Bakery, which is managed by Hirst Bakery has it's lease up as well.

Very sorry to hear about the closure of Roche. However, they've had easy money from me in recent years because I'm severely follicly challenged! Seems too much of coincidence that the caf? next door has also closed at the same time. I assume that they have both suffered from the outcome of rent reviews by their landlord, or their leases have expired, or something like that.

On a positive note, the Rajput Rowing Club (or similar) has opened, the old French place is being done up and the Plough looks better than it ever did. The butcher's shop is still there, as is the framer's - both are relatively newcomers. Not sure the gentrifcation angle can be blamed for the hairdresser's demise?: perhaps he was simply retiring.