Pramzillas

Caron

Lard, that's what everyone does ffs - bad places to cross the road, terrible bus drivers, noisy teenagers, fences, cats, moan moan moan.

we all like a good moan. and seriously, a pram to the achilles tendon is not fun. whereas a good moan is.

Acedout - the OP doesn't refer to 'oversize' prams, but asks the ridiculous question about why should they 'force' their way into shops and why they don't go in single file on the pavement as it inconveniences her having to step aside for a moment.

Actually most prams are far more compact than in the days of the old Silvercross prams, double buggies are different but again new designs have the children one in front of the other rather than side by side thus taking up less of people's valuable pavement space.

I'm sorry to keep on with this but it just strikes me as really petty and intolerant when people moan about such pointless and inconsequential things.

Asset Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> and while we're at it what about those

> inconsiderate people in wheelchairs taking up the

> pavements and pushing their way round shops.

> sheesh they should get out and walk.

Yeah! Why are all their parking spaces right outside the doors of shops, too. They don't even have to walk from the car to the shop ffs! They can use their other 'Wheels'. Shouldn't they be made park further away so I don't have to walk so far?

Asset Wrote:

> Acedout - the OP doesn't refer to 'oversize'

> prams, but asks the ridiculous question about why

> should they 'force' their way into shops and why

> they don't go in single file on the pavement as it

> inconveniences her having to step aside for a

> moment.

>

Asset, to be fair, the pavement thing is really f*cking annoying - not stepping aside for a moment in and of itself - but being made to, and without a glance of acknowledgment or thank you. And because there are lots of young parents in ED, it happens more than it might elsewhere. That said, I feel equally peeved if a party of non-buggy pushers force me into the road without a thank you. Happens a lot on my road for some reason - often older families, kids in their 20s and their parents. Now that surprises me when they don't say thanks or smile.

I've taken to saying thank you in a loud voice myself and one day am going to get a slap. But it's just rude.

Of course it's rude but some people are rude, and as you say - and I said previously - not just pram users, so this whole thread seems pointless. That's my point. I'm not some sort of evangelical pram-pusher supporter

Saying that, my dad who has just spent time here after living in the Balkans for the last few years was commenting on how pleasant and polite everyone is here, so it's all relative.

My point isn't about using prams. Clearly. It isn't even about when TWO prams are proceeding abreast and filling the entire pavement. It is when two prams filling the pavement make no effort to move into single file to allow another pedestrian to use the pavement at the same time. It happens often, actually, and I am fed up having to step off into the gutter without so much as a "thank you" or an "excuse me".

Good gracious.

I really think that people are taking this far too personally. Like Asset says, people come on here to moan about bad drivers, bus drivers, commuters, bar staff. People also moan about incosiderate parents and trust me, I have witnessed plenty.

I don't think people in the same category should be tarred with the same brush and I don't think that's what Caron was getting at. There are bad parents and inconsiderate people out there.

I'm going to print up some stickers that say "I'm very rude please kick me in the shins" and whenever it happens that anyone forces me into the road or pressed up against the brickwork (or is that something else?) or stands on / runs over my toes again I'm going to offer them one. In fact I'm going to run after them and press several upon them.

Prams schmams, I think the problem is that most pram-using people on here are lovely (most people on here are lovely) so it seems to them that they are being unfairly railed against because they can't countenance that there are some right f**kers out there. But there are. I do get forced into the road more by pram users than by the aforementioned family lunch parties so can understand Caron's concerns. But like Asset said, some people are just rude.

Sadly I doubt this post will help, because the rude 'uns probably don't come on here, because if they did, they might think about mending their ways. Or they might not. Because they're rude and one day I'm going to go postal and kill them with sticks.

This is an example of *Bob*'s law. Originally applied to the thorny issue of class, but equally valid with any other demographic group.

Let's not beat around the bush. A cock is a cock. And there are cocks in every demographic of society

Some parents are rude and inconsiderate (cocks) and some are not.

Some non-parents are rude and inconsiderate (cocks) and some are not.

Rudeness is annoying, but so are generalisations.

And that's it really.

I agree with AnnaJ and of course the godlike *Bob*

But as someone else once said on a really similiar thread- why not tell them to their faces that they are being rude? Are they carrying knives or something? Are those tooled up beeatches terrorising the streets of ED again?

mightyroar Wrote:

> I agree with AnnaJ and of course the godlike

> *Bob*

>

> But as someone else once said on a really similiar

> thread- why not tell them to their faces that they

> are being rude? Are they carrying knives or

> something? Are those tooled up beeatches

> terrorising the streets of ED again?

Well no, but the looks you can get.

Not to mention whispering to each other in the queue in Pretty Traditional.

That sort of thing can leave scars that won't heal easily, I can tell you.