Peckham Florida

Try keeping a selection of Opera and Classical on your own mobile phone and when a youth blasts rap at you then blast Chopin right back at them!

Works every time!

(Ratty advises the use of body armour when carrying this out as it invariably ends in you getting stabbed!)

?$%& me,i dont think i,ve of anything more stereotypically insulting, palm trees in peckham,whats the idea to make the afro-carribean population feel more at home or just to provide extra cover.

saying that i still remember the old bacardi ad shown in the cinema in the 90s in which an exotic island took the place of peckham.

Mr Mockney, are you a cactus fan? I am. Country spray do great, large euphorbia for about ?30. I've had 2. Smaller species are available too. And there is a house near the Forest Hill Rd end of Dunstan's that has a greenhouse in the front garden with MASSIVE cacti. V impressive. 'Tis all, Nero.

PS I am all for using species that are drought resistant, but I think palms and yucca are naff. Other species could be found that are more inkeeping with the natural environment, such as gingko (not a native species, obv, but at least they look like other deciduous trees.)

Keef, I'm liking the idea of mobile phone music wars! I'm going to download all the Gun & Roses I can find! And how about some Metallica or (shudder) Nickleback! Yeah! (starts headbanging enthusuastically!)

nero, yuccas and some palms are really naff but some palms are nice - Cycas revoluta (Sago palm) is nice! I wonder what palms they've planted?

spymum

(Blog: Posh Mum)