ADT or Banham? any experience?

kcz88

We use Banhams (actually their subsidiary Tara Security) and I find their service excellent. They installed an entire security system for us and they service it every year. We've had no issues so far with false alarms & everything seems to work reliably. There are several options regarding being linked up to the police, panic alarms, and they offer a key holding service too, so if something happens and you can't get home then they have someone who can attend (this even includes households with dogs- something I was concerned about initially). I guess the service isn't cheap but then I am very happy with how its all working and highly recommend them. However, I don't have any comparisons as we've only ever used Banhams including my previous properties. They also do very good lock systems.

We asked Callow locksmiths and they reccemended a company called first Response, its a monitored system and we've found their service is excellent.

Where I lived before I had an ADT monitored alarm and wouldn't have and didn't choose them again.

• 5 months later...

Worth noting that NSI is not the only accreditation body out there in the alarm industry. There are a lot of smaller SSAIB approved alarm companies who often tend to be slightly cheaper than NSI approved firms. SSAIB are also recognised by most UK insurers. See SSAIB directory - https://ssaib.org/security-provider-search/

Those who mention ADT, it's worth noting their full costings, often not published online but available here. Note: the extra devices you add to the system also increases your monthly fee.

Those who are interested in Verisure intruder alarms, the website above also has a special offer (?500 off) and appears to be available in the London area (East Dulwich included), Verisure offer.

Heard of Banham Alarms, but don't see much about them online.

• 1 month later...

Appealing experience with Verisure. Their sales person told me it would be contract free and a discount will be applied straight away. But then, their contract says 41 pounds, I called the sales, he said it's just a contract and after discount applied the bill will come down to 28.8 pounds. Guess what, bill is still 41 pounds and they told me the sales was fired and I have to stay with them for 6 months at least. It really isn't a money problem, if they told me there isn't a discount, I probably use them anyway without feeling be conned.

Really bad experience despite their gear is quite fancy. If you can stand their endless lies, go with them

• 5 months later...
A friend of mine uses adt and she has not faced any problem so far. Don?t go by the reviews alone. There are some things that you have to consider whenever you choose a security alarm for your home. Firstly check what is the company?s overall experience then what training and certifications do they have.Check whether they operate their own monitoring station.Some alarm companies have a third party to do the alarm monitoring.And most importantly what are the equipments that they use. Here?s an article that I found that mentions some tips on how to choose good alarm companies(http://www.fire-monitoring.com/choose-cheapest-security-alarm-monitoring-fire-alarm-monitoring-company/).And don?t just go by the price of the alarm system try to learn more about the company before you buy any products from them.

• 2 weeks later...
Banham have quoted me ?1200 for an alarm plus 4 sensors (keyholder contact) and a Police linked panic button. Plus about ?28 per month for the contract to support those. Anyone know what I should be able to get to after negotiating this commodity, high margin item?

• 9 months later...

Wickhams Alarms are good

fast and efficient

ADT tried the hard sell here for 2 hours, offered a package. I wanted an extra

door sensor, said not in package, offered to pay the extra, still said couldnt be done.

Left here stood outside. then came back with, been talking to area manager and can be done

and try to get the fitter to fix it etc,

Then phoned every other day trying to sign me up.

Wickhams one phone call

2 hours job done with extras fantastic

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...