residents of ED & North cross Road : ED Mosque

Dear resident of East Dulwich/North Cross R,

As you may be aware the month of Ramadan has started on Sunday 29th June 14, we have now completed a week of fasting with roughly 3 weeks to go!

The Friday Jummah (prayer) would be much more busy than usual and the night time prayers of Ramadan (11pm - 12:30am) has started last week, the Islamic community would like to raise awareness to the residents incase many of you may be wondering what is going on.

We would also like to apologise in advanced if we have caused any issues or disturbance to the local residence. Also, please do not be alarmed by large groups which may enter or leave the mosque - as they simply just want to meet, greet, get on with prayers and go, we are trying are best from keeping children away from the upstairs section of the mosque during night time prayers incase they cause disturbance.

Eid prayers may fall on either 27th, 28th or 29th July 2014 from 7:30am to 12pm so please expect many people entering/leaving the mosque.

Finally I would like to thank a majority of people for their kind support and understanding.

Ramadan Kareem! :)

(Local resident who attends the Mosque)

intexasatthe moment Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Good thinking to let people know MrDude . I'm

> always in awe of mental attitude involved in

> people fasting for Ramadan .

> Wishing you a good and happy Ramadan.

Thank you very much for your support

NewDad Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A tougher year than most in 2014 - with Ramadan

> positioned close to the longest days of the year.

>

> Alhamdulillah

Yes, it is very hard to fast, with the long days and short nights, just 6hours from Iftaar (breaking fast) to sehri (meal before fast) but inshallah we all can get through it!

Yeah nice post by MrDude, and I'm sure there's no need to apologise for anything.

I was wondering, do people ever kill two birds with one stone and treat ramadan as a way to lose a few kilos? Or is it more common to binge on fine food in the permitted window?

I used to feel so sorry for my old boss during ramadan, he really tailed off towards the end of the day, we knew not to bother him after a certain hour ;)

Incidentally I've found it interesting that even quite secular muslims i know, happy to have a drink or a bacon sarnie tend to observe ramadan quite assiduously.

Thank you everyone for your understanding and support, and yes its fine to say happy Ramadan, the actual term is Ramadan Mubarak or Ramadan Kareem and its appropriate as Muslims fast because they are happy to experience what the less fortunate go without.