Is anyone else bothered by the group of teenagers in Goose Green playground?

theron

One small thing I will say in their defence, is when confronted by an adult following a fight in front of young children, they did (albeit after a few minutes and rather sullenly) move off. Twice now though I have seen them having proper fights (punches to the face etc.), accompanied by the kind of 'fck him up' type commentary, which is just totally inappropriate in a children's playground. As said above, if they were just hanging out there causing no trouble that would be one thing (alhtough I still don't think it's a particularly appropriate place to do so), but violence and agression are not. It doesn't help anyone (least of all the teenagers themselves) to make excuses for their bad behaviour.

I know the group you mean and though most of them seem fine and they just hang around quietly chatting (sort of) I did have to confront three of them recently for really obscene conversation they were having right next to me while I pushed my 3-year-old son on the large, round swing.

Two boys were having sexually explicit conversations with, or rather AT, one of the girls and trying to encourage her to say stuff about blow jobs and similar to them. I was fuming! I'm no prude, but clearly I don't want my son to hear that. Also, I was just really uspet that these boys were speaking like that to her. I hope it's not something she has to put up with a lot and I hope they grow out of their adolescent behaviour towards women. There was something very persistent as they nagged at her to say the words they wanted her to. Anyway I asked them to move if they wanted to talk like that and they ignored me. I asked again, more sternly two mins later and they sloped off. I must add though that I hung around in parks/playgrounds as a teen and this is just what they do. It's the same everywhere of course and I'm not even entirely sure that extra stuff for them to do would keep them away anyway. They don't always want organised, essentially adult led activity or spaces, they simply want to do their own thing.

How are they thugs? You guys are lame. I was a youth worker for years and kids this age will test how far they can push adults. It's universal, they all do (with the exception of those of you who were born middle aged).

I personally would have told them they were disrespectful little shits myself but the hysteria on here over a bunch of idiot teenagers is laughable.

LadyD - I couldn't disagree more. There is no hysteria, people are simply voicing their reasonable disapproval at teenagers / young adults fighting and swearing in an area full of toddlers / young children. It is quite scary for a 3 year old to witness a group of 7-8 young men fighting and swearing. Sure, adolescents will do this stuff, but the issue is the setting in which they're doing it. I have spoken to them myself in the past as it happens, but that's not the point. The point is, they shouldn't be regularly hanging around in the playground. Why don't they cross the road to Goose Green? Suggesting that people are being hysterical or implying that they are up tight, simply for disapproving is just excusing bad behaviour and is unhelpful.

For once i agree with rahrah, its unacceptable and no-one should stand for it...

I once recall the same thing happening when i was a kid and my old man dragging the culprit by the scruff of the neck to his parents house to give them a piece of his mind!.....the good old days eh!.

What hysteria?

And really there's no need to say that you'd have given them a piece of your mind. We're all well aware of what a brave, ne'er a step back, citizen you are.

LadyDeliah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How are they thugs? You guys are lame. I was a

> youth worker for years and kids this age will test

> how far they can push adults. It's universal, they

> all do (with the exception of those of you who

> were born middle aged).

>

> I personally would have told them they were

> disrespectful little shits myself but the hysteria

> on here over a bunch of idiot teenagers is

> laughable.

Could someone just please pick up a phone and do something? It's unacceptable for teens to be invading a parent/young children's space and more so when they make the people for whose use the park is designed feel frightened or uncomfortable. Call 101 or ring 7525 2000 and report this anti-social behaviour and ask other disgruntled park users to do the same.

Q: When does sympathy for 'bored' teenagers turn to frustration?

A: When they are rude, abusive or bullying anyone around that takes their fancy, even their own, which it sounds like from their in-fighting and the boys forcing the girls to say sexually explicit or other things they don't want to say.

It is all unacceptable.

Teenagers can be bored and appear quite loud when bantering in groups but most know to moderate their language when close to others not in their group and go out of their way not to be rude or offensive.

Much of the behaviour attributed to the particular group in this thread is unacceptable in any setting.

I agree robbin. All the wishy washy hug a hoody brigade out and about on the forum making up excuses. Where's the plastic coppers when needed? Isn't this what they hold be dealing with? Just need to go in there and tell them to p*ss off or they'll be charged with anti social behaviour in a public place.

Louisa.

The "plastic coppers" used to be out in force, nearly always walking in threes, but I've not seen any for at least four months on the streets of SE22/15. Also, the Southwark-branded "community whatsits" are no longer to be seen (not that I had much faith in them anyway to do much more than hog the pavement). If anyone who is one, or is responsible for one, is reading this, do try to solve the problem.

Nigello Wrote:

> The "plastic coppers" used to be out in force,

> nearly always walking in threes, but I've not seen

> any for at least four months on the streets of

> SE22/15. Also, the Southwark-branded "community

> whatsits" are no longer to be seen (not that I had

> much faith in them anyway to do much more than hog

> the pavement). If anyone who is one, or is

> responsible for one, is reading this, do try to

> solve the problem.

I've seen lone police-officers walking the streets of SE22 on a few occasions in the past few months and had a lovely chat with one the other night.

Louisa Wrote:

> I agree robbin. All the wishy washy hug a hoody

> brigade out and about on the forum making up

> excuses. Where's the plastic coppers when needed?

> Isn't this what they hold be dealing with? Just

> need to go in there and tell them to p*ss off or

> they'll be charged with anti social behaviour in a

> public place.

>

> Louisa.

Very True...

Too many do-gooders.

Kids steal cars and get rewarded by being sent on car maintenance courses.

Good kids get nothing. Good kids get bored too.

Try telling someone whose Mum or Grandma has just had her bag snatched and knocked about a bit.

the lad did it was 'Not a bad lad' . 'he's had a hard life'

I don't care.

They are bad machines..

You cannot keep mending a bad machine.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Louisa Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I agree robbin. All the wishy washy hug a hoody

> > brigade out and about on the forum making up

> > excuses. Where's the plastic coppers when

> needed?

> > Isn't this what they hold be dealing with? Just

> > need to go in there and tell them to p*ss off

> or

> > they'll be charged with anti social behaviour in

> a

> > public place.

> >

> > Louisa.

>

> Very True...

>

> Too many do-gooders.

>

> Kids steal cars and get rewarded by being sent on

> car maintenance courses.

>

> Good kids get nothing. Good kids get bored too.

>

> Try telling someone whose Mum or Grandma has just

> had her bag snatched and knocked about a bit.

> the lad did it was 'Not a bad lad' . 'he's had a

> hard life'

>

> I don't care.

>

> They are bad machines..

>

> You cannot keep mending a bad machine.

What is the ethnic background to these unruly kids ?

What is done I am sure will relate to this

spider69 Wrote:

>

> What is the ethnic background to these unruly kids

> What is done I am sure will relate to this

I have no idea. I have never seen the mentioned group.

Why does the ethnic background matter. ?

What does 'What is done I am sure will relate to this' mean?

DulwichFox