One for the Boxing fans!

Keef

If he does go for similar tactics to the Valuev fight, he'll have to get aggressive earlier to ensure the decision.

Personally I think Klitschko will gradually wear Haye down with the jab, and by leaning on him in the clinches. UD or late stoppage for Klitschko.

If Haye gets the KO I reckon it'll be first half of fight.

I can see Vlad weakening Haye with the jab, slowing Haye down and taking away his legs a bit with hugs and leaning. Then it's a stamina-fest until either someone goes weak and gets hurt or it runs to points.

What's exciting about this is we actually cannot predict as confidently as previously we could in haye OR Vlad contests.

One thing though, Vlad is not a rubbish boxer and he's been consistently dealing with big men for years, unlike Haye.

Then of course there is cuts to think about, if the fight runs on.

I expect the local boxers wil be at CPT to watch the contest, be interesting to hear their views on the outcome too.

It was last round that Haye rocked Valuev, he said it was like hitting a big rock and it almost broke his hand.

david_carnell

"Given we have a Brit fighting a German-based Ukranian, what time will the fight be on for the American audience to watch at a sensible hour?"

I think most of the interest in the contest will be on THIS side of the pond.

Americans will have to tune-in mid-afternoon if they want to see it, or there may be a delayed showing of the contest for anyone there that's interested.

> Otta - Assuming his wife doesn't go in to labour early!

Not sure of the relevance Otta, it's obvious this match has been building up for two or more years, doesn't your wife follow the sporting headlines? This sort of occasion does not come around very often !!

First labour might take a couple of days Otta so if your wife has been in labour for anything less than a day and a half by Sat PM then it's a safe bet you can pop over and watch the contest, maybe even a fair bit of the undercard too.

Regardless, you must continue the male culture of rubbish Fathers who know not how to contribute around the household, after all, it's been like that for years.

Ohhhhh

I'd love to say that I want Haye to win, really I would.

I mean all the titles being held by a British boxer would be great, BUT Haye is such a tool. I can't stand his poxy banter, I mean who writes that stuff.

So, my ideal scenario is as follows:

Haye wins in the 12th after a a slog fest, he's smashed to pieces, nose as flat as a squashed frog.

Then as his hand is raised in the usual winners fashion, Vlad punches him square on the chin and knocks Haye spark out.

Vlad takes the mic and announces his retirement.

We all cheer.....

Nette:-S

Annette Curtain Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I mean all the titles being held by a British boxer would be great

Yes but Vitali has the WBC, so this fight won't unify the 4 major belts.

> BUT Haye is such a tool. I can't stand his poxy banter, I mean who writes that stuff.

He's just playing the game, he's not going to grab any headlines by being nice and polite. I do cringe at some of his antics, but I don't necessarily think it's indicative of his personality - he used to come across pretty well earlier in his career.

I think he still does Jez. The whole beheadings and trash-talk nonsense is just to sell tickets and build hype. It's been a staple of boxing for as long as there has been professional boxing. Any angle is utilised to sell fights - up to and including barely disguised racism.

Anyone want to make some proper predictions for gloating rights on Sunday?

I say Haye to win by (T)KO in R3 or R4.

I WANT Haye to win but I have bet in the work sweepstakes on Klitschko in RD12 (KO).

Why ?

I think Vlad is ready for Haye, who has Haye fought no-one at heavyweight, Vlad said months ago he will KO Haye but not until R12 - until then he will inflict round after round of punishment to Haye for the insults against the Klitschkos.

If Vlad really meant what he said and CAN control the fight, then that's what he'll (allegedly) try and do.

I still think Klitschko by late stoppage or UD. But will be very happy if Haye does the business tomorrow night.

Anyway, I'll prob be going along on my own, I know Ke... sorry.. Otta, but if anyone else fancies meeting up in the CPT, drop me a PM.

Same here KK, I nly got your PM this morning.

Watched it with Jeremy and a couple of other mates. Jeremy predicted the points win for Wlad. Haye can have no complaints, I know he's going on about a broken toe, but at the end of the day, he had no answer for the jab.

Big shame for him, and will be interesting to see if he fights again...

Hey, yeah my mailbox is loaded it seems, someone else mentioned that recently, will sort it soon.

I was in front bar and neighbour was there too, plus got talking to a guy at bar (though he turned out to be a foul-mouthed racist unfortunately).

Haye never really got in the fight. It's a good win for Vlad to have on his CV.

I had a bet on Vlad winning in RD12 regardless of how at 1/20 odds, so I'm quids up !

Before contest Haye said he wants Vlad fighting fit with no excuses on the day, both athletes to be in tip-top condition, then after losing blames his broken toe !!

Heavyweight scene is looking grim now, the Klit bros don't fight so it's Snoresville, TN, at heavy now.

Super middle and light heavy is one area with more interest now..