One for the Boxing fans!

Keef

Froch did well (I caught the last 4 rounds on t'internet, found a good sharp stream actually).

However he very nearly transformed perfect boxing display into a loss by not being ready for Abraham's onslaught at start of the 12th.

Based on this contest I would like to see Froch and Kessler again.

I couldn't envisage Katsidis getting to Marquez, JuanMa is top drawer, I'm impressed he got a stoppage though !

Bika is tough, Calzaghe had trouble with him, I thought EastSideBoxing's comment that he'd hand Ward his first defeat was Ill-informed though.

Classic Froch quote on BBC: "I don't even feel like I've been in a fight and I've picked up the WBC world champion (belt) which is rightfully mine and wrongfully taken off me in the last fight."

He'll never believe that he truly lost his title in his last fight against Kessler !!!

There's an interesting boxer called Helenius (surname) who was on the Froch undercard, I think he's Finnish, he doesn't look so 'cut' and 'in-shape' as a lot of the younger heavyweights like Haye etc and in fact just looks like yer average big lad, but he's got some power in his right hand and has KO'd a lot of opponents with a straight right to the torso, the punches don't look much but they end the contest convincingly.

Too early to say (and I don't know enough !) but he's playing pretty regularly and doing pretty well, I think his defence needs plenty work, he is long and can keep people at bay to a point also (like I say he needs to work on that). Maybe one to watch...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised anyone was interested in the Chisora/Klit fight in the first place... the best case scenario was that Chisora would get smacked around the ring for 3 or 4 rounds. It was probably the least competitive - and least interesting - fight on the whole sky lineup tonight.

• 2 months later...

Haye in talks with the Klitschkos' manager. Again.

They seem to have had so many false starts, I'm not sure what to think. Perhaps they have just been trying to gain publicity, and now finally, this is it? Or maybe talks will fall apart again, and Haye will end up fighting Evander Holyfield or something.

Ha ha, could you imagine! Haye would hype it up massively "Master Vs Student", "Hero Vs Worshipper"... "Old man who should have retired Vs Very hard puncher at top of his game"... Maybe not.

The Haye / Klit thing is getting very tired, and they are both now starting to look stupid. Yes, I know it's about cash at the end of the day, and ou want to retire in one piece, with as much money as possible. But surely their pride must be making them want to bloody well do it!

Tom Tsatas, of the recently re-opened 5th St Gym, said some interesting stuff about Haye v Vladimir..

"?.let me say this on record: guys like Eddie Chambers, who seem to think fighting Haye would be a lot easier than fighting the Klitschkos because he has come up from cruiserweight and doesn?t have all that much experience as a heavyweight - I think they are totally wrong. Haye fought Valuev and he hurt him. He stopped Ruiz when only David Tua had done it before. Haye is faster than the Klitschkos and he?s a guy who tries to knock you out; he?s not like Wladimir, who waits for it to happen. And Vitali couldn?t stop Briggs. These guys like Chambers are mistaken if they think Haye is in any way a cakewalk".

I don't mind who wins, if they do meet, I'm just interested to see two quality boxers get it on, after a period relatively weak and predictable heavyweight contests. I wonder how come Valuev never fought the Klitschkos, you'd think that'd be an obvious fight seeing as valuev held the WBA for some time before Haye took it. The Finnish boxer Helenius is one I'd like to see contending, he's got frightening power.

It's as plain as day to me that the Klitchkos don't want the Haye fight and never have. They didn't want Valuev either. They only seem to want to fight bums in their own backyard. I sincerely hope these fights happen and Haye ends their dull boxing careers.

KK, have you actually seen this Helenius guy in action? The only names on his record which I recognised were an over-the-hill Lamon Brewster, and the rather limited Scott Gammer. Mind you, I suppose for someone who only turned pro a couple of years ago, that's not too shabby.

I think that the Klitchkos do actually want to fight Haye, it makes sense financially. I believe Haye's PPV deal with Sky is a lot more lucrative than the K's own TV deals. But he's a live opponent, so they need to make sure the money justifies the risk.

DC/Jeremy - I have watched footage of Helenius, maybe 6-8 contests, he's a tall guy and he seemd to have this way of being very comfortable as the bombs are thrown at him, he sort of leaned away keeping his feet planted and after the bomb comes he goes back to offensive. I am not saying he's great just that I'd like to see him against known fighters.

He takes people out with straight body shots and they don't get up for some time, so his power seems solid.

Could Chisora or other lead heavyweights (not Haye) take Brewster/Gammer ? Helenius is early days - which heavy weights do we know who in their first 14 fights beat more than Brewster/Gammer ? There may be a few but I'm not comparing I just like his style and want to see more. Not all the best contests are between No 1 and 2 at a specific weight, check out Travis 'Freight Train' Walker v Alex Leapai it's on YouTube.