One for the Boxing fans!

Keef

Used to watch boxing matches on the TV with my Dad years ago as he was a top boxer in his days in the army and he also trained youngsters but just watching the one tonight made me flinch and feel physically ill and worried for the safety of both fighters.

Frampton was spot-on.

McGuigan said better that Rigondeaux, which I think is a bit over the top - perhaps if Frampton beats someone in Nonito Donaire's class's he can say that.

Actually, it's a bit worrying how McGuigan is SO apparent in the celebrations and post-fight talks. I know he's an ex-champ and has brought Frampton this far, but his rapture on each win is a bit OTT for my taste - he's re-living the past through his charge's boots. It's a bit like the Eubank situation but not done with such obvious ego.

"Khan wants Cotto, Bradley, Marquez or Mayweather-Pacquiao winner at Wembley Stadium"

(Boxing News 24)

I do wonder how Khan thinks he can possibly expect these established and consistently proven fighters to entertain coming to UK to fight him.

Bradley and Marquez don't hold titles but still wouldn't regard him as a big enough contest, especially one requiring travel abroad !

Cotto is a MW (or LMW).

Manny and Pacman surely want titles.

The obvious missing name here from Amir Khan is Kell Brook.

Probably a stadium filler, world title on the line, both British fighters.

Is Khan scared of Brook ?

Agree with Jeremy. If they looked at videos of Froch Groves 2, they might just fancy that venue and the cash it could generate.

I think Khan recognises that he and Brook will have to meet at some point, but his ego tells him (incorrectly) that he's still a league above Brook, and deserves these big names.

I'm happy to see any of the fights mentioned.

I sometimes wonder with Khan fighting light-punchers to make him look good is really the best way to get the fights he says he wants.

He's wasting time when he could be proving himself. If he ain't good enough - well that's the sport he chose innit.

• 1 month later...

Family over now so will set alarm for around 4am and try catch it on 5 Live. I know it's meant to be a big contest but it's not the most interesting for me - neither have fought the best available fighters the last 2-3yrs so I don't consider them the best. If I can't get radio I'll read the Guardian round-by-round update on-line.

We're all off out early tomorrow now so I can't do an all-nighter !

Heh, I remember as a teenager being at a house party in Blackheath where we were all staying up for I think Holyfield v Bowe. I remember us all sitting there as the fight started, and I don't think a single person made it past round 1