Wanted: Nice looking woman to start the year with... (Lounged)

Miles

Miles Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am frustrated that people are picking me up for asking for someone nice looking? That is such a simple thing.

> Do you consider yourself nice looking?

> I think I'm nice looking, if I didn't I would do something about it.

> When you leave the house in the morning, do you look like you've been pulled through a hedge, or do you look 'nice'?

> I'd have thought anyone could at least attain nice.

> I intentionally left it there, as I have with presentable, exactly because they are indefineable.

There's a world of difference for me between not looking like I've been pulled through a hedge when I leave the house and me actually being happy to suggest to someone whose taste I don't know that I look nice. Perhaps we have different perceptions of how high a standard "nice" is?

Anyway, I'm sure I've successfully convinced you I am not the girl you are looking for, but I do wish you luck in finding her.

> There's a world of difference for me between not

> looking like I've been pulled through a hedge when

> I leave the house and me actually being happy to

> suggest to someone whose taste I don't know that I

> look nice. Perhaps we have different perceptions

> of how high a standard "nice" is?

>

> Anyway, I'm sure I've successfully convinced you I

> am not the girl you are looking for, but I do wish

> you luck in finding her.

I havent defined my taste at all and you have decided you arent good enough for me. That really saddens me.

Miles Wrote:

> I havent defined my taste at all and you have decided you arent good enough for me. That really saddens me.

You mistake me, I just assume (perhaps erroneously) starting out on a difference of opinion isn't what most people want, which isn't the same as me deciding I am not good enough. Not that I see how anyone could judge they were good enough either given the lack of definition.

Anyway, as people have very sensibly said, come to the drinks and you can make up your own mind if there is anyone who meets your definition, whatever it may be.

indiepanda Wrote:

, as people have very sensibly said, come to

> the drinks and you can make up your own mind if

> there is anyone who meets your definition,

> whatever it may be.

I'll do just that and look forward to meeting you :) x

Also a difference between someone coming on and saying someone who looks good (I refuse to say 'nice') and someone else being prepared to admit that they think they do...

Also could be a woman/man thing - although a certain Forumite is often telling me I make too much of the differences - men also seem to be better than women at giving themselves the credit they deserve.

I think Indiepanda looks good for what it's worth!

karter Wrote:

> What Jeremy said.

>

> Good luck on Friday Miles. I think you will find

> that all of the girls at the drinks will be nice

> looking.:)-D

Thank you Sir, I will be attending with slight fear and general excitement.

I have never felt that looks were that important, compared to that indefinable "chemistry" which makes the cheeks smile,

for the butterflies in the pit of the stomach to flutter,

and you feel as if you have been released from the shackles of mediocrity to conquer the world, because now with her beside you, anything is possible.

It lasts for about ten minutes, and then you realise you shouldn't have another pint because you have work in the morning.

Moos Wrote:

> Also a difference between someone coming on and saying someone who looks good (I refuse to say 'nice') and someone else being prepared to admit that they think they do...

I agree - I could quite cheerfully praise my friends appearances, but it's just not in my nature to praise my own appearance. I think all most of us - well, perhaps most women anyway, find it much easier to see our faults than our strengths.

> I think Indiepanda looks good for what it's worth!

Thank you (*blushes*)

Look forward to meeting you too Miles.

SteveT Wrote:

> I have never felt that looks were that important,

> compared to that indefinable "chemistry" which

> makes the cheeks smile,

>

> for the butterflies in the pit of the stomach to

> flutter,

>

> and you feel as if you have been released from the

> shackles of mediocrity to conquer the world,

> because now with her beside you, anything is

> possible.

>

>

>

>

> It lasts for about ten minutes, and then you

> realise you shouldn't have another pint because

> you have work in the morning.

xxxxxx

:)):)):))

dulwichdoll Wrote:

> Miles. I think I am scared I might meet your

> criteria. I think us 'nice' women should stay away

> on Friday !

Embrace the fear for it could lead to joy - or a load of nonsense if it's coming out of my mouth :D

The fun thing will be trying to remember which face went with which real name AND which board name... makes it just that bit more complicated - and you wouldn't want to be PM-ing the wrong person after the event.

I can be bad enough just connecting names and faces when I meet a large number people in one go.

I've done that before. Confused two usernames after a meetup (non-ED) although luckily it wasn't about anything too flirtatious or controversial!

Keep thinking that since I use Applespider on a few sites, I should commission a brooch combining an apple and a spider that I could use for meeting up with people as a slightly less conspicuous version of a namebadge! Doesn't help with the real name though

dulwichdoll wrote:-I think us 'nice' women should stay away on Friday!

Too right you should, what we want on drinks night is 'goer's' and ravers, and women with terrible memories, who cannot remember what they did or with whom they did 'it' with.

mmmmmm my kind of women (creeps off with tongue lolling out)

I'm sorry I didn't see all of this yesterday or I would have come along!

How did it go? Did people look nice? Or nice-looking? Did the hedge backwards people get on? Did the semantic pedants turn up and take the opportunity to meet others as pernickity as themselves about adjectives? Did Miles have fun? Miles and miles of fun? Did people reveal their EDF names or pretend they were someone else? So many questions and ways of phrasing them...

I hope it was a fun evening, anyway.