Exciting new documentary series

EHughes

Regional Forum template:

We are making a brand new documentary series looking at Brits who buck the trend of our reserved nation and who aren?t afraid to complain, speak their mind or be tough with staff. This series promises to be a light hearted celebration of some of the boldest and most outspoken people in Britain today.

Are you or your boss a self styled Gordon Ramsay? Do you work in a stressful environment and have to raise your voice daily? Are you tired of incompetent staff and do you have a zero tolerance attitude toward them? Perhaps you run your own business or manage other people and will put up with nothing but the best?

Or are you a stickler for good service? Do you think the customer is always right? Do you always have something to say if the service is not up to scratch? Do you find yourself having to complain on a regular basis in shops, supermarkets, restaurants or on the phone?

Are you fed up with other incompetent drivers? Are you known for your aggressive tactics on the road? Do you ever find yourself getting into disputes with other drivers because of it?

If any of the above sounds like you or anyone you know we would love to hear from you for this exciting new documentary series for a major broadcaster.

Please contact us at [email protected] or ring 0207 033 2315 and leave your name and contact details and we will get straight back to you.

Sounds like top-flight TV.

Some suggestions for the title if that's alright.

I'm Gonna Tear You A New One.

Bastard! Yes You!

A Faceful Of Spittle. My Year With The Boss From Hell.

Fear Me You Curs.

This Sh!t Is Unacceptable.

Get Out Of My Office You Sack Of Puke.

I Despise You, You Worm.

I Can't Stand Your Feet, Get Out Of My Kitchen.

Gosh, I can't believe how rude you're being to EHughes, although it's a bit unfortunate to copy and paste the header at the top of the message. It's just another non-descript reality show, they're not pooing on your doorstep (and the perpetrator of that got more sympathy!).

Surely keeping people entertained has a role to play in our fine society (as of course does digging up roads)? Viewers love this stuff, and a lot of people love their fifteen minutes of fame.

I'm not sure that people could get paid for appearing other than expenses - that would make them actors?

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Gosh, I can't believe how rude you're being to

> EHughes, although it's a bit unfortunate to copy

> and paste the header at the top of the message.

> It's just another non-descript reality show,

> they're not pooing on your doorstep (and the

> perpetrator of that got more sympathy!).

>

>

I was being witty and ironic.

And obviously failed.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why not get all the money for the budget of this

> reality TV nightmare (what is the running time 6 x

> 30 mins?, then make a series of 10 minute dramas

> instead.

Yes, they could be by some up and coming new talent. Some could be 'gritty', some could be 'dark' or possibly 'surreal'.

That'd give us something to complain about.

One of my ex-boyfriends was a journalist. His daily postbag was full of dire press releases just like the one that started this thread. I once asked him how he coped with reading them all and he told me that his number one rule was to bin anything with "exciting" in the title or the first paragraph. He said anything that titled itself "exciting" never was. I think he had a point.

Or "revolutionary" in the title.

This one does not, to be fair, but just saying.

What interested me was that I read the line, "looking at Brits who buck the trend of our reserved nation and who aren?t afraid to" and then my eyes went to the next line hoping for the words to read something positive, like "aren't afraid to build something people may not like at the beginning but grow to love (Peckham Library - The Home Office - the flats on Vauxhall Bridge Road now Grade 2 listed for example) or

"aren't afraid to wear stripes and spots together...."

"aren't afraid to visit countries with poor sanitation...."

"aren't afraid to be brave and English and eccentric" (Boris, Jeremy, for bad examples)

But no.

"aren't afraid to" - be negative and whinge.

Yawn.

(Apologies, not well and do not think I made the above point well enough but sure most of you will get my point!)

If one got involved in this, surely they would have to edit out anything remotely original or near the knuckle because of the pc brigade.

If it did somehow creep in to being broadcast on the box, you would be terrified of being identified and attacked by nutters.

This island is remarkably similar to Russia during the sixties, you dare not speak against the state, immigration and over crowding.

So for all those reasons I shall not be participating in this 'Wanky Old Man' series no matter how exciting,

unless, they have a big enough budget to pay me a thousand a minute, then I'll tell 'em anythin' they wanna hear.