New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham

Message added by Administrator,

Due to this topic being excessively long, a new 2024 "New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham" has been opened here. Please continue the discussion there.

• 2 weeks later...

I can recommend pizza pick up, just down from Peddler near Nigel Road. Good simple tasty pizzas reasonably priced.

I know we have about 9 pizza places across ED, Peckham and Nunhead but give them ago - lighter than the sourdough offerings.

The owner is really nice too

Too many pizza places opened in a very short space of time a year or so back. I can't see them all managing to make it. As for Pizza Pickup, I've been waiting to pick some up for ages. But they never answer the phone so I gave up. Will try again soon....

Apologies if this has been covered already/elsewhere, but the developer of the new build next to the station is now explicit that M & S are taking the retail unit:

http://www.caddingtonblue.com/?page=item-detail&item=354

Obviously Waitrose would have been preferable but, if confirmed, this would be something of a step up on the original Morrison's proposal.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why do M&S need another shop so close to the

> existing one??

Unclear. But I guess it suggests the current food hall has exceeded expectations in terms of anticipated sales.

Perhaps Waitrose can take the Grove Vale library site when they move into the new unit.

derwentgrove Wrote:

> Apologies if this has been covered

> already/elsewhere, but the developer of the new

> build next to the station is now explicit that M &

> S are taking the retail unit:

>

> http://www.caddingtonblue.com/?page=item-detail&it

> em=354

>

> Obviously Waitrose would have been preferable but,

> if confirmed, this would be something of a step up

> on the original Morrison's proposal.

I declared this months ago ..from the horses mouth (M&S employee in LL

branch)

seemed inevitable

mancity68 Wrote:

> New cocktail bar just opened in premise where

> Lerryns was on Rye Lane. Called two hundred I

> think.

Went tonight - it is called '200 Rye Lane' and for those of you less au fait with Peckham's history (myself included)its just up from Peddler and Pizza pickup, and pretty much opposite the Nag's head.

The guy said they were having a 'soft launch' and adding an extra day each week, today was their first Sunday. The cocktails were lovely, the bar staff really nice. Didn't eat but the bar snack descriptions sounded good. Its definitely light snacks with your cocktails rather than somewhere for a full on dinner at the moment, though they are apparently doing some work to expand the kitchen.

Would definitely go back - hopefully when more people have discovered it, it will be a bit warmer, as was a bit chilly, but that was my only criticism.