Goodrich School Parents Who Drive

rubyroo

To those Goodrich School Parents who park their cars across driveways near the school - please don't. It's happening to me more and more frequently. I can't get in or out of my drive and it makes me late for things. I'm a patient person and I have children too so appreciate you are often running late. Thanks for reading this and please pass it on to GSP's who don't read the EDF.

I've had this problem quite often too living on Upland Road. Having got parked in which meant I was late to pick up my own kids, I politely asked the woman who had parked me in not to do it again and was rewarded which a mouth full of vile abuse! It also happened when i was meant to be taking my mum to hospital. I phoned the school and asked them to put a polite reminder in their weekly newsletter to parents. Maybe try this again. Not sure it makes any difference but you never know!

I think it's reasonable to use this forum to raise awareness, and if it avoids personal confrontations in the street with children present, that can only be a good thing!

I live near another school and my entire road is a car park and rat run at both ends of the day. I've spoken to the school involved but they don't seem to do anything about it.

A quiet word in the councils ear usually results in a few days of camera cars. Sorry to any parents I know that have been ticketed, but it gives me a lot of pleasure to see those parked on zigzags and lowered crossings being fined!

It never ceases to amaze me that people who drive to the school seem intent on parking right outside. A couple of blocks down the road and there are heaps of parking spaces.

Yes but they wouldn't want little Johhny to waddle his fat arse any further than he has too.

Pickle Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It never ceases to amaze me that people who drive

> to the school seem intent on parking right

> outside. A couple of blocks down the road and

> there are heaps of parking spaces.

"if you are having problems with vehicles obstructing your driveway and would like enforcement then we can include your address as part of our Civil Enforcement patrols.

There is no cost to you for this service but you must first apply and register your address.

Please request dropped kerb enforcement by contacting parking services [email protected] or 0207 708 8610 or 020 7708 8587"

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/473/guide_to_parking/3069/dropped_kerbs_and_driveways/3

From the Zebra crossing thread:

"The answer to that is no help-ma-Boab. Im not going that way.im going the shortest route possible to save my childrens little legs from walking further than they have to"

Salsaboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes but they wouldn't want little Johhny to waddle

> his fat arse any further than he has too.

>

> Pickle Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > It never ceases to amaze me that people who

> drive

> > to the school seem intent on parking right

> > outside. A couple of blocks down the road and

> > there are heaps of parking spaces.