Anywhere to watch the Superbowl? (Lounged)

Natalious13

Well Horsebox:.

I wrote the following:

Posted by: Tony.London Suburbs February 02, 10:30PM

I'll be admirably succinct then.

The NFL WRONGLY ASSumed that European Sports fans would take to their "Product" in significant numbers.

The demise of the unlamented "NFL Europe" shows how much the overwhelming majority of fans care about their "Product".

The NFL coverage has been dropped from many Channels due to lack of interest and yet their Marketing People STILL insist that if they continue to push it by showing the sport on mainstrean tv here that eventually it will "take off" and be more than a Minority Sport in Britain.

They have underestimated the tremendous interest and enthusiasm that we possess for our own Sports and also, underestimated the fact that no amount of "USA Razzamatazz and Hype" will make British Sports fans follow their game "sheep-like" just because they want us to.

Others will have to buy their merchandise.

However, there IS one thing that we can learn from them, which is that they control their teams very well and stop a monopoly of the real talent just going to the teams that can pay the most under the system that you are well aware of.

Also its a good idea to cap all wages, again giving a level playing field.

They enjoy their game and good luck to them, equally we enjoy The Beautiful Game here.

Now you seem exceptional dim Horsebox( Do allow me to get ONE small dig back won't you, Old Fruit)..so I am going to repeat that last paragraph written TWO DAYS AGO which was intended TO END THIS DIALOGUE!

Here It Is Matey:

However, there IS one thing that we can learn from them, which is that they control their teams very well and stop a monopoly of the real talent just going to the teams that can pay the most under the system that you are well aware of.

THEY ENJOY THEIR GAME AND GOOD LUCK TO THEM, EQUALLY WE ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL GAME HERE....

I started that last paragraph by saying we could LEARN FROM THEM and finished, I'm sure you'll agree, on a very pleasant, natural and logical note to end to our discourse.

Apart from a small joke about calling themselves The "World" Games, I was done with this thread.

It is YOU Horsebox who is/was the real tos*er here M8.You continued the dialogue after I,(obviously unsuccessfully(!)) tried (and failed miserably) to put this to bed.

You, Horsebox, had already displayed a totally inabilty to communicate about this without throwing in little digs and insults("ignorant"/"troll" were 2 of a few that I recall) so I responded.

It was you that is the supercilious, smug, "oh-so-superior" "tremendous bore" here and like many with these particular characteristics they have no reason to adopt that demeanour at all.

I had(so I thought) finished with this at 10.30AM on MONDAY!

Now you are trying to give the impression you are the innocent Party:))....add "sneak" to supercilious and smug would you Old Thing...

To make your attitude seem even more ridiculous Horsebox(!)

Who do you think published this Summary of the Final Stages of The NFL Final on The "Six Nations" Thread earlier today...

Today, 02:48PM

"The Six Nations won't be as exciting as The NFL Superbowl on Sunday where an action packed Match reached its climax when the result hinged on a dramatic finale involving The Arizona Cardinals' final offensive play in the Super Bowl, a fumble by quarterback Kurt Warner, the play being called correctly.

Kurt Warner reportedly questioned after the game why play wasn't stopped and a replay review wasn't done by the referee, feeling there was a possibility that the play should have been ruled an incomplete pass because Warner's arm was going forward. That, of course, would have enabled the Cardinals to retain possession of the ball at the 44-yard line of the Pittsburgh Steelers with five seconds remaining in the game.

Mr. Rooney, The proud Owner of The Pittsburgh Steelers was delighted that his side won the Trophy for a record 6th time.

Can you imagine how the SteelerNation felt all thru' Pennsylvania?"

Yes! 'twas me, TLS and you come out with those, frankly, insulting and rather distasteful comments.(td)

Hold you head in shame HB!

david_carnell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I could say much the same "old bean/old

> fruit/matey/M8" - or whatever other arcane

> nomenclature you desire to be addressed by.

david: As you have chosen to involve yourself do you not now realise that I tried to end this almost 56 Hours ago, on a pleasant note or did you not realise this or have you, conveniently, overlooked this?

Tony.London Suburbs Wrote:

> To make your attitude seem even more ridiculous

> Horsebox(!)

>

> Who do you think published this Summary of the

> Final Stages of The NFL Final on The "Six Nations"

> Thread earlier today...

>

> Today, 02:48PM

>

> "The Six Nations won't be as exciting as The NFL

> Superbowl on Sunday where an action packed Match

> reached its climax when the result hinged on a

> dramatic finale involving The Arizona Cardinals'

> final offensive play in the Super Bowl, a fumble

> by quarterback Kurt Warner, the play being called

> correctly.

> Kurt Warner reportedly questioned after the game

> why play wasn't stopped and a replay review wasn't

> done by the referee, feeling there was a

> possibility that the play should have been ruled

> an incomplete pass because Warner's arm was going

> forward. That, of course, would have enabled the

> Cardinals to retain possession of the ball at the

> 44-yard line of the Pittsburgh Steelers with five

> seconds remaining in the game.

> Mr. Rooney, The proud Owner of The Pittsburgh

> Steelers was delighted that his side won the

> Trophy for a record 6th time.

>

> Can you imagine how the SteelerNation felt all

> thru' Pennsylvania?"

>

> Yes! 'twas me, TLS and you come out with those,

> frankly, insulting and rather distasteful

> comments.(td)

>

> Hold you head in shame HB!

A nice analysis, for sure, and I would hold my head in shame if I hadn't read the same bloody thing on The Washington Post website on Monday.

I'd already seen your contribution on the rugby thread and was going to let it slide, let you have your 15 mins or whatever it is you desire to achieve from posting your incessant nonsense here, but seeing as how you've posted it a second time and claimed it as your own succinct and knowledgeable summary, I think that really does count as plagiarism and it needs be exposed.

Hint: The prose, grammar and punctuation were a dead give away too.

The Washington Post

Excellent cut and paste skills though. Well done, gold star etc etc.

P.S. I couldn't bring myself to read the previous rambling epic, as it was starting to make my eyes bleed and the repetition was, well, repetitive, like most of your other crap you seem to think people are interested in.

Horsebox Wrote:

-"and claimed it as your own succinct and knowledgeable summary, I think that really does count as plagiarism and it needs be exposed."

... like most of your other crap you seem to think people are interested in......

AN ALMIGHTY LOL!!!

I ACTUALLY WROTE: "Who do you think PUBLISHED this Summary of the Final Stages of The NFL Final on The "Six Nations"

Where did I say or imply or infer that was MY summary?

Now, JUST FOR ONCE, back up your comment.

Where do I say that I "claimed it as my own succinct and knowledgeable summary"(?)

I CLEARLY said that I PUBLISHED this Summary of the Final Stages of The NFL Final on The "Six Nations"

David, perhaps you could answer as I doubt that I will get any response from the "legend":))

Horsebox, You then go on to say:

"Hint: The prose, grammar and punctuation were a dead give away too". ??????

This makes NO sense at all!

You are saying that it was clearly not my analysis and yet then you say that "The prose, grammar and punctuation were a dead give away too"...

It was a "dead giveaway" yet you are stating that it was NOT my analysis.

That makes no sense whatsoever!:))

The prose, grammar and punctuation were a dead giveaway, TLS, because the article in question that you plagiarised (and made no attempt to acknowledge the fact you did so - saying nothing implies it's yours) possessed all three of those characteristics of the English language.

Your posts, for the most part, merely contain prose.

david_carnell Wrote:

saying nothing implies it's yours)

...I disagree.

Your posts, for the most part, merely contain prose.

Politeness prevents me responsing to that cheap shot.

Did you not see this on The Rugby Six Nations Thread, I know the "legend" must have and yet no-one realised I was just having a laugh as I wrote:

"Brendan: With respect you have to have a deep, meaningful understanding of the technicalities and subtleties and intricacies of the game lyke wot I got. "

It, obviously, went over your heads, fair enough.:)

Mick Mac Wrote:

> TLS - I for one have found your Superbowl posts

> humourous - I thought initially Horsebox was not

> too imaginative in responding to them so I thought

> you had the upper hand for a while. But then I

> agreed with you rather than he.

All credit to you, Mick Mac, for having the patience of a saint and being able to read the damn things to the end.

Not sure what it says about your sense of humour but your tolerance is admirable.

Mick Mac Wrote:

> TLS - I for one have found your Superbowl posts

> humourous - I thought initially Horsebox was not

> too imaginative in responding to them so I thought

> you had the upper hand for a while. But then I

> agreed with you rather than he.

Thanks.

I've encountered more fertile imaginations and vivid vocabularies its fair to say....

The farce is I wrote this paragraph below 60 hours ago to end this nonsense on a friendly, conciliatory note(I've now empthasised the last line in Capitals) and yet certain others, who chose to continue the dialogue after its natural ending, then profess to NOT want to read "the damn things" that I have written after dragging me back into this thread!

There's nowt as queer as folk, as they say.:))

"However, there IS one thing that we can learn from them, which is that they control their teams very well and stop a monopoly of the real talent just going to the teams that can pay the most under the system that you are well aware of.

THEY ENJOY THEIR GAME AND GOOD LUCK TO THEM, EQUALLY WE ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL GAME HERE.... "

p.s Mick, I should have known I was on a loser when I wrote this, as well. and it sailed over some peoples heads:

"Brendan: With respect you have to have a deep, meaningful understanding of the technicalities and subtleties and intricacies of the game lyke wot I got. "

I'll finish by saying its a good lesson learnt, the lesson being don't credit some people with the intelligence or wit or good humour that they, obviously, don't possess....

Those ARE my final words on this....

Mick Mac Wrote:

> you are winding tony up again HB...time for you

> guys to shake hands like real gentlemen?

My sense of the ridiculous and sense of humour acts as a perfect shield to prevent people winding me up MM.

I learnt long ago that life is far too short for petty arguments over Subjects that are forgotten soon afterwards.

I suspect MM that you and I come from similar backgrounds where we say our piece, without malice, then either agree or agree to disagree.

On that basis I make you right so Horsebox allow me to be the one to initiate this.

No hard feelings and lets both move onwards and upwards.

Agreed?:)-D