Russell Brand summed up nicely.....

????

Blah Blah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ????, when in London, Brand cycles a lot to get to

> places.

So does Boris Johnson and like Boris J, Brand also uses a chauffeur-driven car to get to appointments, see his interview with the FT.

Hypocrite and narcissist.

But who pays for the car? And is it really that unusual that someone uses a driver (taxi) to make sure they get to appointments on time? These are not the kinds of things that really matter.

If wealthy people can't have views on poverty, then given that Parliament has been full of them forever and a day, no social reform would have ever happened. And at least Brand has a background in touch with ordnary people. Cameron certainly doesn't.

Are you really saying that only if someone gives up their wealth, can they have a valid view on austerity? That's just bonkers.

He also doesn't fullfil the clinical definition of narcissism either, given that he IS capable of empathy and doesn't appear to sufffer from underlying esteem issues, both of which are necessary attributes of narcissism.

I'm not really interested in reading an article about a millionaire taking a taxi to appointments and meetings. It's not a story. I am more interested in the issues that Brand speaks about. I do think he is sometimes incoherant but sneering at him rather than considering the issues he's highlighting displays everything that is wrong with the mentality of parts of both the press and the public.

"I point out that I?m not the only one propping up the system. What about Brand?s chauffeur-driven Merc outside?

He replies that his chauffeur, Mick, is a really great guy and a friend ? which is nice but not the point."

From the article.

I do agree though that the points he highlights are important but like DaveR, I believe he is an idiot who spouts forth to keep himself in the public eye. That's narcissism.

There's more to narcissism than that. It's not an accurate definition of the condition. It would be correct however to define him as egotistic.

I also wouldn't go as far as to call him an idiot either. Idiots don't become successful self made millionaires. He is also a fairly decent writer (not that I agree with him on many things) and again, not really the skillset of an idiot.

I don't think he's an idiot, but he's out of his depth with his current damascene conversion into, like, campaigning and stuff - and that makes him look like one, whether he is or not.

It's a shame really as generally I do like him - but it's all become a bit tittish.

Anyway there still seem to be plenty of people sucking up his words as shining gems of trewth and wisdom so I suppose giving up acting to focus on revolution wasn't a bad career move after all.

"I think his telling people not to vote did for him really"

Indeed - good job we did vote now that everything has turned out for the best and we're all safe again, phew!

But surely even idiots are allowed to say what they think even if it's not thought through? Even if it's just an 'expression' without a plan or logical answer - or maybe he should follow the comedian's rule book and just keep making money, tell jokes, cry on Comic Relief day until he becomes a Natinal Treasure and otherwise shut it.

You'd almost think he did it just to keep people talking about him on social media sites, glad we're too- xxxxxxxx*

*This user has been removed for his annual social mores adjustment at the Micky Flanagan comedy facility.

Can't agree the general election turned out for the best Maxxi. And the overwhelming millions who didn't vote Conservative over those who did would agree with me. Perhaps if those who didn't vote at all had voted, we wouldn't be witnessing the ideological attacks on the poorest that we are. But we have no way of knowing how those people would have voted of course.

"And the overwhelming millions who didn't vote Conservative over those who did would agree with me."

11 million voted Conservative, 9 million Labour. The next biggest - UKIP, nearly 4 million. Are you saying that Ukippers would agree with you (about anything)? Do you agree with them?

NB - maxxi's post was...not entirely serious. Try and keep up.

DaveR Wrote:

> NB - maxxi's post was...not entirely serious.

That's right - blow my cover! - 'Salright tho' - I'm aht of rehab... and I mean 'aht' aht, not just aht! (laughter off - Peter Kay pops head round door)"Garlic Bread!"? (hysterical laughter)*

*cured.

Ahhh maxxi. Hard to tell sometimes if something is written in jest :)

All I'm saying Dave is that 76.5% of the electorate didn't vote for the government we now have and that I am for electoral reform to a PR system as a result, even if that means we have coalition government forever.

That may be what you're saying now, it's not what you were saying before. In any event it's all the same nonsense/denial. If the Tories hadn't won a majority would you be questioning the electoral system?

Back to RB, he's obviously entitled to say whatever he wants, but he's not entitled to be taken seriously. If you judge him by what he says, he's an idiot.

???? I've always argued for PR even when the Tories didn't win elections. I've always held the view that our electoral system is bad for democracy and that it protects a two party system. And to be fair you know nothing about me DaveR, or my views beyond a few posts on here.

Idiots do not make millions, or have best selling books. I don't agree with much of what he says, but that in itself doesn't make him an idiot.

dogcatdog Wrote:

> In cyberspace, some people cannot hear you taking

> the piss

Is that a bit like you can't hear a tree falling in a forest* unless you're actually there?...

*Preferably one that hasn't been used in paper production