????

miga Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I find his shtick deeply annoying, but he does

> make a valid point that Western intervention in

> the Middle East since 9/11 has on the whole

> destabilized the region.

Yes it is valid, but it's also obvious.

Well, I find it obvious, and so do you, but it appears that the lesson of what happens when a power vacuum is left in the wake of an autocrat's removal wasn't learnt after Iraq. So maybe not so obvious?

it was worse than that.

The lesson learned from iraq apparently involved working out that countries are awfully complicated and nation building is doomed to failure. So next time we remove an autocrat lets not bother with nation building.

Genius!!!!

• 3 months later...
Most people who fly first class don't actually buy their tickets. They are paid for by whatever company, event etc is employing them to fly out. And a quick google search shows he was in Cape Town as part of a world tour. So the tour company (who like all tour companies do) fly their main act first class. Not quite what the person posting that pic on twitter was trying to make of it, is it.

Blah Blah Wrote:

> Most people who fly first class don't actually buy

> their tickets. They are paid for by whatever

> company, event etc is employing them to fly out.

> And a quick google search shows he was in Cape

> Town as part of a world tour. So the tour company

> (who like all tour companies do) fly their main

> act first class. Not quite what the person posting

> that pic on twitter was trying to make of it, is

> it.

Nothing to stop him insisting on flying standard class with all the other plebs though, is there?...

Blah Blah Wrote:

> Most people who fly first class don't actually buy

> their tickets. They are paid for by whatever

> company, event etc is employing them to fly out.

> And a quick google search shows he was in Cape

> Town as part of a world tour. So the tour company

> (who like all tour companies do) fly their main

> act first class. Not quite what the person posting

> that pic on twitter was trying to make of it, is

> it.

It's not exactly the Joe Strummer ethic tho is it?

Also - Talent gets a deal offered to them via their agent/manager. All the perks and privileges are laid out as is their fee/cut. There is nothing in the world that would stop RB saying I don't need this level of perk/privilege, I'll take that as straight pay please. That would be taxable income of course though.

????, when in London, Brand cycles a lot to get to places. As someone who has been to some of those anti-austerity marches, there are all kinds of people there, not just the loony lefty stereotypes that you seem to think everyone who opposes this government is. I do agree he's an egomaniac though, and his treatment of women has been very dubious in the past too.

Don't really know the ins and outs of it all Duncan, just know they don't pay for their own tickets. I think most people though, given the choice, and flying long hual, would go first class if they could. I'm around the same height as Brand (I think) and leg room in economy is an issue.