Rental Revolution

AllforNun

When is everyone going to realise that the only thing that these bell ends on TV are not talking down is their own personal little empires of Buy to Let properties around East Dulwich and the rest of the nation. You are all paying 2006 monthly rental prices where the Landlords/ladies interest rates (and most of the Buy to Let investors are advised to go on a tracker and interest only mortages) have dropped by 4% slashing their mortgage payments. Your buying houses for these people and some !

Take these middle class nimbies with you into the great depression and slash your monthly rental payments !!!

I think you will find that rental prices are generally an indicator of what people can afford to pay, and also an indicator of supply and demand. ie a fairly true marketplace. The prices aren't dictated by the landlords, it is tenant salary that dictates the price.

Rents will drop when take-home pay generally drops, irrespective of interest rates.

This year I am sure you will find it is better to rent. In financial terms only, rent is best in a falling or flat market, and buying is best in a rising market.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> apart from slipping in East Dulwich into the

> paragraph, is this ED specific? Or different

> enough from the several other property threads on

> here?

Sean, where were you last week when there were fifty odd different threads all about "snow"? The forum got very messy and we needed our mum to tell us to go tidy our room.

Slightly off topic there but it's already in the Lounge so what you gonna do?

Have to agree with GG Sean, I'd not even read her post when I had decided to liken your post to the kid in school who draws the teacher's attention to the slightly naughty kid. Wherever it belongs, it's an interesting point I'd not really thought of before AFN. That said, I'm just about to move in to a 30s 3 bed house in Sydenham for a grand a month, which seems about 500 quid less than Dulwich, so can't complain.

red devil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Driving rents down = landlord can't pay mortgage =

> repossession = homeless tenants

And that equals more properties on the market = cheaper housing = no homeless tenents

Driving rents down = landlord can't pay mortgage = repossession = homeless tenants

or

Driving rents down = landlord can't pay mortgage = repossession = bank puts house back on market at knock down price, landords buy them or councils and rental rates fall accordingly....or banks buy them, the one's that we own and...hey presto we re-write the rules of capitalism

!!!!