Second time round spring babies

Congrats Alexia! and wow re the dates to those of you mentioning it above - I know what's on my next shopping list! Just hope ED doesn't have a shortage! ;o)

Alexia - I'm not sure re the unplanned homebirth as unfortunately I'm not down for that sort of great midwife care (such a disappointment) but I'll take the quick arrival after last time too! Hope you're setting a trend!

Ginny

Yay Alexia! :-0 at your unplanned homebirth! I'm glad you had Oakwood there and your DH didn't have to step into the breach alone. Huge congratulations, can't wait to meet Laura.

Hurrah for another example of the advantages of date eating for our very unscientific sample. Ginny I am going to see if Khans do a bumper pack on the cheap ;-)

Hope all are well.

Hi, after our cafe / park chats I can confirm that the water birth option at Kings is very good and both were available when we went on Friday. Our little man arrived safe and well although was still in the amniotic sac which was a bit of a surprise. Had a night in the postnatal ward and home late last night. Just trying to decide on some names now.

Look forward to our next meet up, Mo, Georgie and ... ! Xxx

Hi ladies, just wanted to say congrats on the arrival of all the spring babies - looking forward to hearing more news soon! Our little girl arrived on Wednesday and we too had an amazing experience with the lovely Oakwood midwives in one of the midwife-led birthing rooms. So totally different from the first time that I still can't quite believe it! Mo - we're still undecided on the name front too...

Spending some time getting to know the little one this week but would love to meet the following week,

Sally, Hannah and 'the baby' xx

Oh wow Mo, double water birth then, how lucky! :-) Congratulations to you too, Sally, I love hearing about these new arrivals and chilled deliveries and it's great to know the Kings birth centre pools are up and running.

Hope both big sisters are adjusting well. Pea has put all her dolls in her toy oven. Hopefully this isn't a harbinger of things to come ... ;-)

Hey ladies, I've got a date in my diary for Friday 17th for meeting - not sure if that is still on, I know a lot of you are due before me and have had or are about to have your little ones which may curtail meetups for a while. If anyone is up for meeting then let me know!

Congrats Mo and Sally!

I'm enjoying my 6 dates a day and hoping all these good births so far will rub off on all the rest of us still to go!

Ginny x

Hi everyone, and huge congratulations Mo and Sally on your happy arrivals! I only managed to go to the first meet up at the EDT before giving birth a few weeks later. A month down the line and more cheerful weather, I think I can brave either days, if timings work. What time were you thinking of meeting up? Is it Peckham Rye?

Sandra. x

Hello all and congratulations to the mums with new babies. HOpe it's all going well. I'm still working on Fridays grrrr, last day 1st May so nearly there. Anyway I am free Mondays and Thursdays. I was wondering whether anybody fancied checking out 'toddler time' at the East Dulwich picturehouse? The grand opening has been pushed back from 17th to the 23rd April. I will try and get in touch and see what it entails and whether it actually starts on the 27th. Baby big scream is on Wednesdays. If this weather continues it might not be that popular but I do really want to check it out. Fi xx

My last day at work today - weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm up for that time too - assuming Amber's not still asleep so will see how nap goes.

Assume we'll convene at P R Park cafe to start?

Re ED Cinema - I'm going to the opening this weekend - booked to the Family day to see "Home" (thinking Amber will probably go to sleep and it's supposed to have some level of humour for grown ups so we can watch it...?) as we've not started her with the cinema yet as she can barely sit still through a 5 minute episode of Peppa!

Def up for toddler time in the future though.

I had been hearing that the Big Scream is on Wednesdays at ED (but still hadn't seen it confirmed anywhere?) so I'm a bit gutted as they had said it would be Fridays (and Amber will only be at childminders Thurs and Fri after #2 arrives) so if anyone else is up for it in a couple of months I'll be having to stick with Peckham on Thursdays and/or Brixton on Fridays as won't be able to take Amber and #2 to the Big Scream in ED :o(

Ginny x

Hi All,

Just wondering if I could join your Group?

I went with a friend to meet her winter mums group last week in Peckham Rye and was lovely to have toddlers and babies the same age to play/ swap stories with/ drink Prosecco :)

I am due baby no 2 today and have a little girl Freya who is 2.5 years. She will go to Nursery on Wednesday and Thursdays.

If I'm around tomorrow I would be up for meeting in Peckham Rye,(me,Freya and Bump) You'll see me coming.

Hopefully see you in the cafe at 2.30pm?

Thank you

Niamh x

Depending on when my son wakes from his nap, I might be a tad late, especially with double the babies to get ready, but hope to be there tomorrow! I did a test run today, in Dulwich Park on my own, so here's hoping second time alone, is also the charm!

Have a lovely evening, one and all! x

It would be lovely to see everyone and I'm planning to come along tomorrow. I'll have both toddler and newborn with me so like DandySandy I'll aim for as close to 2.30 as I can but might be a bit late.

Congrats to those who have had their babies and fingers crossed for speedy deliveries for everyone else!

Alexia

I was SO close...slow and grumpy start, after nap and having to be back home by 4pm, left little sensible time to come to the park. Dull! Will try again next week, or whenever next catch up is, and when there isn't a tight deadline to be back home by.

Take care. x