Aircraft noise -

lparsons

I really don?t think they care, they probably have websites for you to complain, a campaign, regular updates saying ?continued problem? ?looking into it? etc, even if they take it to parliament to debate.. they don?t care, it?s all for show to make public feel that things are in place for them because if they didn?t have these things in place it will be worse, this way they can control those who complain about aircraft noise by making you feel you are doing something, but the actual truth is they simply don?t care! London airports make millions in revenue yearly, pilots will not be able to monitor where they fly over, they need to circle London airspace for a number of reasons until they get the all clear for landing, a majority of the time planes fly over this part of London 3,500 - 4000ft low, as for LCY it?s understandable for them to fly lower as they are approaching the airport runway.

We live in London, we chose to carry on with our lives here/move here and we have the choice not be here. We live in one of the biggest cities in the world, where Heathrow is one of the worlds biggest hubs in terms of incoming/outgoing/connecting flights, this is our life, and unfortunately the truth is no matter how much you complain about it they simply don?t care, they get your feedback, they put up articles, campaigns are led by the public but I don?t think it will change at all, it?s all about money to them..

I also want to add I have noticed that many landings now take place from reading down to LHR rather than over London, but you must also remember that people on that side will also start complaining, no matter what there will never be a solution or peace for anyone, if it really does bother many of you then the only solution is to to move to somewhere where you won?t find any aircraft noise at low altitudes.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Dude, I know you are right: Heathrow would rather spend ?20bn (and be remunerated for this) than think more imaginatively and long-term about what might actually work for this country i.e. an airport north west of London.

By the way, I have complained to CAA, NATS, Heathrow and City about the particular situations that result in both Heathrow and City planes overflying us. On Tuesday, this reached 90db and was so continuous that holding a conversation in the park was difficult. CAA has written back saying it's down to NATS. I will report back.

Finally, can anyone understand what this is about? https://airspacechange.caa.co.uk/PublicProposalArea?pID=131

• 2 months later...

As the word spreads about what London City wants to do- their draft Masterplan aims for a huge increase in their low altitude concentrated flights over Forest Hill, Dulwich/Herne Hill, the fight back is being led by a new campaign from HACAN East which needs support from the overflown right now. ?Back the Ban?, supports the retention of the existing 24 hour ban on flights between Saturday and Sunday lunchtimes. London City say they now want to fly in this period. What can you do?

1. Fill out a Back the Ban postcard and post it to London City at their Freepost address. Here it is. https://hacan.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/HACANeast-Cut-n-Post-BTB-A4-Print-Colour-2-3.pdf

2.Sign the Change petition to Newham Council, which is the body with approval over the airport?s planning applications and activities. Here it is. http://chng.it/X6gss942

http://www.hacaneast.org.uk/news

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dear Fellow Campaigners

OBJECT TO EXPANSION AT LONDON CITY AIRPORT

respond by 18 OCTOBER 2019 - 11.55pm - better still do it NOW

Quickest and Quick options suggested - 2 mins max

London City is consulting on expanding its airport and operations. Many of us now find ourselves under 2 flight paths: Heathrow and London City

Email response to: [email protected]

by 11.55pm, Friday 18 October 2019

We encourage you to reply - there is a Quickest as well as a Quick Option - and some further points you might like to make

NB: Include your name, postal address, date and ask for an acknowledgement of receipt

Quickest Option: cut and paste the following

London City expansion fundamentally goes against the UK?s commitment to cut carbon emissions and improve air quality in the capital.

It?s going to make air pollution worse, increase carbon emissions and increase noise, and we object to any expansion, or any increase in hours of operation each day. I object to cancelling the current curfew on flights from midday Saturday to midday Sunday.

Quick Option: cut and paste the following or use your own words, adding your own comments if you wish

I support the 24 hour London City Airport weekend flight ban.

I object to up to 40,000 more flights.

I object to more early morning or late evening flights.

I object to larger planes - they make more noise

I object to more climate-damaging airport expansion.

I object to the plans in the draft master plan.

Plane noise must be made a statutory nuisance

Further points you can make:

challenge calculations suggesting there is a demand for 40,000 more flights

challenge the statement that planes will be ?quieter? now that it has been revealed by their own consultants that they will be noisier

challenge the statement that their planes will be ?cleaner? and produce ?less CO2?

there is a lack of data in their consultation documents on noise impacts on health with a proposed increase in flights of up to 40,000 more a year

the introduction of concentrated flight paths has already led to serious levels of noise and the negative impact of that on health

enormous objection to aviation's part in climate change with more planes producing more CO2, plus pollution from cars on the surrounding roads and journeys to/from the airport

City and Heathrow executives must work together to raise their arrivals flight paths

demand a ban on overflight to and from more than one airport.Too many people suffer from both London City and Heathrow planes

demand an end flight path concentration and share flight paths more widely and fairly

demand that plane noise be made a statutory nuisance

Copy your response to your MP, Council's Environment Department and your Ward Councillors. They all need to know what their constituents and residents feel.

Share this note with all friends and neighbours

Further information

Stop City Airport: https://stopcityairportmasterplan.tumblr.com/

Since Plane Hell Action is fundamentally about the impact of aviation activity (predominantly noise and emissions) on our quality of life we suggest you include in your responses the following statement made by umbrella body The Community Noise Group: Where there is a reduction in overall noise the benefit be distributed proportionately to those already most affected and where there is an increase in overall noise the disbenefit be distributed proportionately to those already least affected.' i.e it is fairer to share; 'no' to concentration.

Important date: Thursday 17 October 2019

Court of Appeal ruled that there were grounds for appeal for all four of the legal judicial reviews, challenging the Government's support for the expansion of Heathrow. These will take place at the Court of Appeal, from 17th October, for 6 days, and will be live-streamed. AirportWatch

8.45 - 10 am come and swell the crowd in support. Calling all young people to come and see justice in action. If you have a STOP 700 MORE t-shirt - wear it! Address: Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, Holborn, London WC2A 2LL

Plane Noise and Health Impacts

The British Medical Journal in June published this article. Will policy makers finally start to wake up to the implications of non-stop plane activity, sleep deprivation, children's learning abilities, impact on unborn babies?

Explane

Record airplanes and measure their Decibels to give a real picture of the noise nuisance experienced by those of us overflown. This gives residents, action groups, politicians and the press the data they need to convince politicians of the seriousness of this nuisance. The Explane app registers time, date, location, noise levels and flight number of the plane that causes the noise above your head. Download the free app

Check the level of pollution at locations that matter to you. Send the results to your Council's Environment department, your MP, your Ward Councillor, your local newspaper.

2 last clicks:

A. ask your MP to review the decision to expand Heathrow: Early Day Motion Scroll down the page to see who has signed and thank your MP if their name is on the list

B. Government Petition: There is a Climate Emergency, abolish planned Heathrow Expansion.

Members of Aviation Environment Federation & No 3rd Runway Coalition, as is Southwark Council

What you can do now

1. respond to the consultation

2. forward this message to Friends and Neighbours

3. sign the petition

4. join us outside the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand WC2A 2LL 8.45-10am,

Thursday 17 October 2019

You may not, yourself, be affected but you certainly know someone who is or may be.

Forward Forward

Living under a flight path in SE London

Copyright ? 2019 Plane Hell Action, All rights reserved.

This email is being sent to all those who opted to receive updates via a petition, the website or a request by email. If you wish to opt out of future updates just use the link below.

Our mailing address is:

Plane Hell Action c/o Southwark Community, 1 Addington Square, Camberwell, London SE5 0HF

If you're interested in supporting the campaign against City and Heathrow expansion locally, there's a HACAN East faciliated meeting on Tues 22 October at Herne Hill Methodist Church (the Dulwich end of Half Moon Lane). Below is an extract from an email sent by John Stewart of HACAN East:

22nd October: Dulwich/Herne Hill ? Herne Hill Methodist Church, 155 Half Moon Lane, SE 24 9TS, 7.30 -9pm (aimed at people in Dulwich and Herne Hill)

The purpose is to allow you to meet fellow supporters in your area to see if there is an appetite to be active locally in campaigning against London City expansion plans. A number of areas are also affected by Heathrow planes and we can consider them as well. I will facilitate the meetings.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...