Over-zealous Holly Grove PCNs (Peckham Rye Station drop-offs)

Rowanofski

"

re: drop offs being permitted - would that really be a good idea

Wouldnb't a lot more people make use of such a facility and wouldn't that generate traffic congestion on Rye Lane itself? I always get the impression that road is only 3 or 4 more cars away from gridlock"

strafer -drop off could be to side of station in Blenheim/ Holly or Elm Grove ,not in Rye Lane itself .

Appeals against PCNs issued by local authorities are much harder than if it was on private land as different rules tend to apply. As mentioned by other posters there normally needs to be clear evidence that you were not at fault, such as lack of signage etc. The only successful appeal I had against a London borough was against a failure to display ticket in wondow. The ticket was there but reverse side showing. Fortunately a unique serial number gets printed on both sides and I could prove that the warden had the ability to check against the serial code to check details. I was also able to argue that the ticket was clearly displayed - as it did not specify which side had to be face up.

Congestion on Rye Lane itself is not an issue as far as I can see. But yeah, Blenheim/Holly/Elm Grove might work better.

Always worth contesting parking tickets if you have a good case. I contested two really ridiculous ones. I submitted my paperwork ahead of the hearing, the council did not. I won by default.

Lowlander Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you need to drop off / pick up then Denmark

> Hill is easier (or East/North Dulwich)

>

> Peckham Rye and Rye Lane are terrible for

> traffic..

It would help if people looked at Google maps and see what they are actually commenting on.

you would then see that dropping people off is not a problem more a problem at the above stations.

Holly Grove. Car stops, cases/people out, goodbyes then gone.For Southwak.. Kerching

Cannot enter except from Bellenden Road

I get that you can?t turn from Rye Lane onto Holly Grove but the point stands ? traffic is very tight in that part of town. If you allow a designated zone for pick ups at the station it will generate traffic, through those back streets and on Rye Lane itself

How many cars could feasibly use the space by the station at the same time do people think?

"but honestly Rye Lane is not involved in the dropping off /picking up scenario ."

Thought I had agreed with that?

What I went on to say as that the smaller roads which will take the extra traffic will be affected. Also, the dropoff/pickup point will generate enough traffic to indirectly affect Rye Lane . But I agree - RL isn't the primary focal point

StraferJack Wrote:

> "but honestly Rye Lane is not involved in the

> dropping off /picking up scenario ."

>

> Thought I had agreed with that?

>

> What I went on to say as that the smaller roads

> which will take the extra traffic will be

> affected. Also, the dropoff/pickup point will

> generate enough traffic to indirectly affect Rye

> Lane . But I agree - RL isn't the primary focal

> point

What extra traffic? The Holly grove next to Rye Lane is always packed with white vans and stalls and also goes nowhere but so you would be mad to try this. But the Bellenden Road/holly Grove presents no problem and is also targeted zealously.

Rowanofski I sympathise with you.

Seems like Southwark are setting up cameras in hotspots all over the borough just to make more money.

Going back to 2013. I had to pick up a parcel at the Camberwell Post Office collecting office on Station Road as wasn't in on the day postman tried to deliver (sure applies to lots of people).

Camberwell Station Road is very very wide but as there were no designated parking spaces, husband parked for exactly 2 minutes while I ran in to collect.

Received a PCN with terrible photos with a tree obscuring the fact that husband was at wheel of car with engine running so not exactly parked. Also went on and on about the 50cm specified distance from the kerb.

I appealed the original ?130 but Southwark said the term 'stopped', 'parked', and 'waiting' are synonymous blah blah and as they couldn't see my husband in the driving seat (obscured by tree branches) I still had to pay.

A neighbour got the same fine so beware the Camberwell Station Road collection point!

Yeah I've been stung at Camberwell Station Rd, waiting for my wife to pick up a parcel. That camera must be a great cash cow! I'm kind of torn. Although it was only a short amount of time and inconvenienced nobody so you'd hope a "common sense" approach could be taken, I'm not sure how such a distinction could be made in practise.

minder Wrote:

> Rowanofski I sympathise with you.

>

> Seems like Southwark are setting up cameras in

> hotspots all over the borough just to make more

> money.

Well, if particular restrictions were in place before the cameras went up, it's not just to make money - it's to enforce existing parking restrictions. But if they start putting extra restrictions with cameras around the borough in an arbitrary way, then yes, it would be just to make money.

Jeremy Wrote:

> Yeah I've been stung at Camberwell Station Rd,

> waiting for my wife to pick up a parcel. That

> camera must be a great cash cow! I'm kind of torn.

> Although it was only a short amount of time and

> inconvenienced nobody so you'd hope a "common

> sense" approach could be taken, I'm not sure how

> such a distinction could be made in practise.

Looking at when the car arrived and when it left. Taking the p.ss, issue ticket.

Unfortunately local authority workers no matter where in the country do seem to be lacking something where common sense and consideration is required.

Last weeks dispatches was on private parking companies and the culture there definitely is to issue as many tickets as possible. A common sense aproach would be to have a designated drop of/ collect point outside things like stations, with a 5 min waiting time limit. The same dispatches program made the point the the law was changed by this government so that it is no longer necessary to prove who was driving the vehicle. We have the most cctv cameras in the world and most of them are trained on drivers. So obviously a cash cow.