Brilliant cleaner

Azira

Just another recommendation for Dan

We've had some building work done recently and my regular cleaner was not up for a challenge...

Dan came over with his mate and tons of stuff... It wasn't cheap therefore I've been expecting something special But the end result was far better than my expectations!

• 3 weeks later...
Firstly I would like to say how let down I have been by Dan and his cleaning company. He managed to ruin one of the bedroom carpets as it looks like a harsh chemical was poured all over the carpet and left on it. The carpet has turned orange and crunches when walking on it - meaning it's rotting. I asked Dan if he could rectify this and after much to'ing & fro'ing he has done nothing. I asked for a replacement rug to cover the damage as I had new tenants moving in. He had two days notice to sort things out, and did nothing. The carpet needs to be replaced. I had to get another carpet cleaner to try and fix the damage he had caused but he said there was bleach on the carpet and the staining would not come out. I have now paid twice and still have a ruined carpet. I have asked for a refund to organise a replacement carpet myself and I have been ignored. I highly recommend NOT using Dan and SE cleaning. I am waiting to see if he is still prepared to do anything to help solve this - otherwise I will be reporting him. Very disappointed.

i'd like to say thank you to dan and his mate for cleaning our new house in rye

they came to clean up after our messy builders finished installing new kitchen

dust was everywhere

many hours later the job was done

great outcome

good price

i would definitely use him again

We hired Dan for an end of tenancy clean based on the excellent reviews on here.

I can't say I would recommend him to anyone for this type of job for the following reasons;

1. He took 5 days to send the receipt over, despite my daily calls and texts chasing - letting agents require the receipt to be emailed on the day of check out

2. There were a few things in the kitchen not cleaned to a professional standard and dust left behind radiators so after notifying Dan, he agreed to return to the property the following day. Unfortunately he did not show up and the agency had to hire another cleaning company, costing us ?70

3. He left a bag of rags and a beer can on the kitchen door. Thankfully I went to the flat the next day before the checkout clerk arrived and was able to remove it before inspection.

4. I sent him the checkout report, so he could see what the issues were and asked him to refund us for the money we lost due to him not going back to finish the job but he refused.

For a domestic clean, I think he would be great. But, as the end of tenancy cleaning is really strict, his company have a lot to learn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Another big thumbs up for Daniel at South East Cleaning..we have been running our apartment via AirBNB for the last 3 months and it relies on having the property extra clean (people review the cleanliness after each stay). All of our guests were always very impressed with how clean it was and I felt very comfortable leaving him to it and his standards are very high. He has also gone the extra mile and helped me out when something goes wrong, is always contactable and replies quickly. Thanks Dan!

I?m mystified by the positive reviews of Dan?s cleaning on this forum. I had a terrible experience and something that was meant to make my house move easier, made it A LOT more stressful.

I had a similar experience as Callo143. I hired him for an end of tenancy clean. He consistently turned up late or did not show, then on looking over the house when he left I found he had MELTED part of the linoleum kitchen floor with powerful acid that he had used to clean the oven. I have photos of the damage as evidence.

When we checked out of our house, an independent inventory reviewer came to check and he claimed in his report that there were several areas that had not been cleaned to a satisfactory level. I also have the inventory report as evidence of Dan?s slovenly work.

Dan made it incredibly difficult to get in touch and behaved incredibly unprofessionally. He finally admitted that it was his fault (I have his email as proof) and said he would refund me. I had to keep contacting him for weeks to find out what the situation was with the refund and eventually he decided not to refund me.

Please save yourself the stress and don't hire him.

• 1 month later...

I've waited a few months to leave a review as I wanted to wait until the dust had settle a little.

We called Dan when we were left in the lurch by another company the day before giving our keys back at the end of a tenancy.

Despite being busy all day and having a job booked the next morning he agreed to come and clean our 1 bed flat over night. What a top bloke!

He met us at 9pm and worked though the night to clean to flat. When he turned up he was about 20 cans of red bull down and acting extremely wired but he promised he would get everything done and text me when he finished around 2am.

When we got up he hadn't text so I text to check all was OK and didn't get any response.

We decided just to go back round to the flat to check everything as we had to hand keys back at midday.

On first look the flat was in a really good state, he had done a really good job getting our carpet stains off and all kitchen cupboards etc had all come up very clean.

However on closer inspection the oven has been left covered in Acid inside and he hadn't finishing cleaning it.

He had also moved the oven shelves somewhere and we couldn't locate them.

Now this is when his character started to change. I asked about the oven and he replied to say he had left the acid in as he ran out of time and that he had the oven shelves in his possession as he took them off site to clean.

I finished the oven myself so no big problem there, the rest of the clean was still good and it got us our deposit back - on one condition - That we returned the shelves.

Getting these back however was not easy. He agreed to drop them back off to the property and confirm when he had done so.

He never confirmed despite me calling and chasing and then a week later it turns out he had given them to someone else and they had gone to the wrong property but he didn't know which.

He said he couldn't be expected to know which house as he cleans so many.

After about ten days we finally had them returned to us.

We would not use Dan or recommend his company for 2 reasons. He didn't finish the Oven or let me know that he couldn't. And he removed property from our flat without our permission.

The cleaning was fine but he lets himself down at the final hurdle and I felt his personal touch with customers was very disappointing.

If you have an issue with the service provided take it up with the company offline. It's very unfair to post such things on a forum like this (which can unfortunately, make or break local businesses). It sounds to me like this guy is an incredibly hard worker and seems to have a number of satisfied customers. Even if standards have slipped occasionally (I make no judgement on this), it certainly doesn't deserve a small number people trying to destroy his business.

rahrahrah - In fact the point of this forum is to offer local residents reviews so they can decide if they would like to use peoples services.

Dan - I wiped the oven down from the acid and we got the deposit back so the job was fine - just not finished which isnt satisfactory in my opinion. If I only did 80% of my job I wouldnt have one.

The oven shelves was unfortunate- my main complaint was your attitude after this. You made no effort to apologise for taking them and made me feel it was my fault.

I believe you are a good cleaner and any bad reviews will go a way to helping you learn from your mistakes.

The problem is that currently you struggle to accept fault and blame your customer.

Had we got the shelves back the sme day and received an apology then I would have given a good recommendation.

Thanks

Kirsty

• 1 month later...

Archived