Cafe Jade

Ooh, yes, that happened to me too- a very disappointing surprise upon getting home and opening the box.

My piece was also cut unevenly so it was missing a bit off the top as well. I thought I was just unlucky. I was too tired to go all the way back and complain so I just won't be buying cake from there again.

I still miss Homemade.

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Wow, each cake must be selling for like ?60-70.

They do.. and probably more if you sit in. ?? Don't quote me.

Add a couple of quid for a coffee..

Still plenty of people who can't get enough..

DulwichFox

As the other posters described, the cake was cut and put in the box out of view and it was only when I got home that I found out the size of the slice. The cake was delicious and I'm not quibbling at the price per se. ?3 is a perfectly reasonable price to pay but I would have expected more than a sample size. In fact if the cake's value is really ?3 for a thin slice then they should charge more but give a proper slice. After all it's a treat and that's what the customer expects!

Ron70 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Where's Cafe Jade?

Boulangerie Jade I should image although it could be Lordship lane or Barry Road branch...

Edited to make sense. Damn you autocorrect!

I have to admit after one visit to the Lordship Lane branch I swore I'd never go in there again.

?3.50 for a takeout coffee - small decaf soya cappuccino. They charge 50p extra for soya and 50p extra for decaf.

Next time I got a takeout coffee I went to The Chandelier - it was at least ?1 less and I think it was a larger cup too.

My dream is find a proper French-style boulangerie where the service is swift and attentive with a good selection of fresh bread and patisserie. Wasn't impressed by the LL branch, I'm afraid. Life's too short to hang around in queues being ignored by staff.