(ED Picturehouse now open)when is the cinema on LL opening?

Ole

monica Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You cant watch

> classics like Fast and Furious 1-7 on a small screen.

I think we have very different ideas about what makes a classic ;-)

Otta Wrote:

> monica Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> > You cant watch classics like Fast and Furious 1-7 on a small screen.

Vin Diesel and The Rock sharing the screen. With lots of cars. Of course they're classics, Otta. What are you talking about.

LOL im a bit of a petrol Head, I own an Alfa, and I love crazy car movie, with crazy stunts, and cars going so fast, you are there, with them:) To me that is a classic:)

Jeremy Wrote:

> Otta Wrote:

> -----

> > monica Wrote:

> >

>

> > > You cant watch classics like Fast and Furious

> 1-7 on a small screen.

>

> Vin Diesel and The Rock sharing the screen. With

> lots of cars. Of course they're classics, Otta.

> What are you talking about.

Went in the week to see Force Majeure. Really nice job on the decor I thought - the only slight problem in Screen 2, as someone else on here said, is that the seats aren't tiered so if you get a tall person in front (as I did) then it's a pain - especially with sub titles at the bottom of the screen. I did get to move as there were plenty of empty seats.

We were in screen 2 the other night and it is raked but possibly not quite enough.

cella Wrote:

> Went in the week to see Force Majeure. Really nice

> job on the decor I thought - the only slight

> problem in Screen 2, as someone else on here said,

> is that the seats aren't tiered so if you get a

> tall person in front (as I did) then it's a pain -

> especially with sub titles at the bottom of the

> screen. I did get to move as there were plenty of

> empty seats.

I saw The Falling and was given seat F8 in a row that went up to 7! Same thing with the couple behind! Screen was great though, and staff friendly. Some teething issues are to be expected-went to have coffee last week and ended up leaving as I waited an age to be served.

;)Its a requirement, own an Alfa, bragg about it. Apologies about digression of post, now back to the ED Picturehouse

:)

Mick Mac Wrote:

> I own an Alfa....

>

> Always worth throwing into a conversation

My first visit on Saturday to see Far From The Madding Crowd. Great film. Comfy sofa. Ticketing felt a bit hapzhazard and cinema hadn't been cleared of rubbish from previous screening.

It was sheer joy to be in a cinema in East Dulwich. I'm just sorry it took 5 years to make happen. And to think I originally thought we'd only be able to attract the likes of Bermondsey Shortwave sized cinema!

Really want this to be a success but have to say my first impressions aren't great unfortunately.

I'm signed up as a member but they've a problem issuing the free tickets at the mo, expected them to say they'd take my details and contact me when sorted blah blah, but were just fairly unhelpful and I had to offer up going back again tomorrow in the hope that it's working then.

Also get the impression they're not interested in customer feedback as I was met with a surly response from the duty manager when I offered my views on the timing of films which at either 6/6.30 or 8.30/9pm, are in my opinion too early or too late especially if you've kids and rely on sitters. Doesn't seem to cater to the local demographic of young families and I was simply told they have the Big Scream showing you can bring babies too, ignoring my desire to come without baby in tow!

Hope they can become friendly towards customers quickly as it looks amazing and we've been waiting so long.

Jeremy, not a problem since I have had it. But thanks for your vote of confidence. Back to the picturehouse:)

Jeremy Wrote:

> monica Wrote:

> -----

> > Its a requirement

>

> So is annual breakdown cover..

bels123 Wrote:

> at either 6/6.30 or 8.30/9pm, are in my opinion too early or too late

Yeah it would be nice to see a few 8pm showings... anything before 7:30 is too early to get the baby to bed and a babysitter sorted. After 9pm, and you start to think that going to bed sounds preferable.

Even without kids to consider, who the hell gets home from work before 6pm?

Went and saw Phoenix in screen 3 on Sunday and loved it. Great comfortable seats, nice sized cinema. Nice touch having the free water on tables outside the screens for people to help themselves to and bring in with them. I agree staff training & experience still needs to improve but it is early days and staff were all friendly! The tills & serving times should improve soon. Am glad to have a cinema in walking distance as used the Ritzy before.

I had my first experience of our new Picturehouse this week and I was really impressed! Customer service was quick and friendly, seats very comfortable and I think they've done a great job with the decor. Bonus points also for choice of music in the dining / bar area. The film itself wasn't that overwhelming but can't really blame the cinema for this.