(ED Picturehouse now open)when is the cinema on LL opening?

Ole

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Basically just founding members feeling the need

> to feel a bit special and claim a slice of the

> place. Bless.

And in return there is a significant discount going forward on tickets and "refreshments".....I expect my wife and I will achieve ?95 of discounts over time. Its good marketing and a good deal for both parties.

I think its a brilliant idea.

But sorry admin, hadn't seen your post.

But all I was trying to do was stick up for someone who had been labelled negative without saying a single negative thing about the new cinema.

For my part I am happy there is a cinema and hope to use it occasionally. But opportunities will be very limited, so membership would have been a pointless excersise for me.

I joined up as soon as possible, as there was no way I wasn't going to end up being a member when it's 5 minutes from my front door and it was never going to be any cheaper. I can see how some of more silly 'statusy' stuff around getting your name on the wall etc could be considered a bit cringey, but that aside, it was a no brainer to take the 'early bird deal'. Anyway, it's a great cinema, loads of leg room, which as a lanky fooker, is great for me.

Help-Ma-Boab Wrote:

> I poked ma nose in on Saturday. Looks good. Im not

> a member, ooze charm me!

I'm a longtime Ritzy fan and a PH member in Brixton but I don't have your special "gift" of getting into just about anywhere HMB? so I was reduced to peering through the windows at the founder members inside. Level playing field from Thursday though?and I plan to be one of 4000 parent/baby combos trying for one of the 25 tickets for the Big Scream Club

I love what i've seen so far of our new cinema but for one bugbear - i really really wish it wasn't an 0871 number. I find those so unpleasant and unfriendly. i think i have already spent whatever i might have saved by joining as a member just by sitting on their phone waiting for them to answer (?12!) and it's going to be the same when it comes to booking films granted that shouldn't involve as many attempts at trying to get through - or as long a wait - but it will involve a booking fee on top. Both charges seems excessive?

OliviaDee Wrote:

> it's not set up yet but there will still be a

> ?1.50 booking fee for online bookings (unless you

> are a member) and ?1.50 over the phone plus

> whatever you are charged calling an 0871 box

> office number.

It is setup. I booked two tickets yesterday.

My visit to the cinema on Saturday left me impressed with the venue, but I'm not impressed with the 0871 number (even as a member), especially when the money that make from that would certainly be enough to help pay a London living wage to the staff. So, happy it is open, would be happier if they did the decent thing for their staff.

Jeremy Wrote:

> Cinemas charging booking fees = complete

> piss-take. Especially when online booking is

> obviously expected to be the norm.

I disagree Jeremy. The telephone systems, website, infrastructure to allow people to book tickets without having to actually be at the cinema has a decent cost to running it and they'll need to recoup that somehow in their business model or not offer it at all.

So I think a charge is reasonable....but for some reason ?1.50 feels a bit steep....

?1.50 a ticket is surely too much. In fact online bookings often work in the cinema's favour. No need for ticket kiosks and foyers big enough to accomodate the queues. They can use the space for bar/cafe/confectionary instead.

But of course Mick Mac is right... it's wrong to single out the Picturehouse (or even the cinema industry). It's a standard rip-off tactic.