Crystal Palace Tavern

Its funny how many people say they like the CPT, however do not go back there very often. Lets hope it picks up in summer with the seating area outside and the bbq.

I used to go there when I first moved to ED but now there is more choice on LL it does not really enter my radar.

Was in there Friday night, not busy, except for our group. Was in there for the footy yesterday, rather busy, lots of really bloody annoying rugby playing lads, who felt the whole world needed to know that they played rugby!

I hate rugger buggers, I used to play loads, but never felt the need to go around pubs talking in a really loud over confident voice, and making out that I was a huge drinker, when actually I couldn't hold more than 3 pints!!!!!

For the record, I can hold a shed load of beer, but I wasn't one of these people :)-D

Is that you Dave? I thought Dan was alright and got a fair bit of unwarranted stick, but I seem to be in the minority. I also know lots of people who'd have paid to have seen that headbutt, and whilst wrong, I do think that having a beer thrown over me by a mouthy prick may have made me want to do the same. Anyway, just so we're clear on here, the CPT is NOT a rough pub.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost everything that could potentially be done with the CPT is explored on another thread...

Someone needs to buy the lease off that joyless woman, stick Keef in charge, the Inside 72 jukebox in and an Aussie bird with big tits behind the bar. And everyone will be happy again.

Until that happens I'm sorry but it will remain a faded backwater pub that about 4 people drink in with silly wall paper out front and a velvet morgue in the back.

MrBen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

>

> Until that happens I'm sorry but it will remain a

> faded backwater pub that about 4 people drink in

> with silly wall paper out front and a velvet

> morgue in the back.

xxxxxxxxx

We were in there at the weekend and it was absolutely rammed, it was lovely to see it so full :)

Glad other people are discovering its charms :)

The seats in the back needed refurbed/replaced at least 5 years ago. I'm not sure if they have because I no longer go in that part - but I'd say the pub is really well positioned and could have a big catchment if it got its act together and did a proper refurb.

It only seems to be busy on sports events.

ED supporter Wrote:

> Any idea why Dan was fired anyone?

He had a load of people back one night, got totally sh!t faced, and didn't get up to open the pub the next day. Trisha came in to find Barbara on her own, and went upstairs to find him in bed with a hangover.

Mick Mac Wrote:

> The seats in the back needed refurbed/replaced at

> least 5 years ago. I'm not sure if they have

> because I no longer go in that part - but I'd say

> the pub is really well positioned and could have a

> big catchment if it got its act together and did a

> proper refurb.

> It only seems to be busy on sports events.

xxxxxx

But the lack of a "proper refurb" is why it's such a great place.

Though OK, they could do something with their planting out the front, and also the Ladies :)) And if they brought back the Adnams Broadside instead of the bitter, that would definitely make me go there more.

But I like both the bars as they are. I noticed at the weekend that they had done something to the ceiling in the "old" bit, but it still has that unreconstructed feel :)

Edited to say: If Dan was the guy who kindly gave me his Little Miss Sunshine tee shirt, respect :)