email address for complaints about the Royal Mail

Judging by your many comments on the Forum, it seems that problems with post in ED are growing. Regrettably, instead of acknowledging the problem, Royal Mail make it as difficult as possible for us to get redress. Getting in touch by phone takes at least half an hour of hanging around, with them promising to get in touch within X amount of days. My experience is that you often have to waste a further half an hour chasing them up because they haven't got back as promised. If you are "lucky", you might get palmed off with a book of 1st class stamps as compensation or you may be fobbed off with a very sincere-sounding assurance that the problem has been passed on to ED sorting office and that everything should be hunky dory from now on. Or, you may be ignored, or - at worst - you will merely be told that there doesn't appear to be any particular problem with ED. Complaining by letter is not much better, as RM often state that they didn't receive your complaint (enough said!). And as for their web-site...whilst it IS possible to contact them via a very circuituous route - the process is not made easy.

I now have an email address for those of you who wish to vent your frustrations about our postal "service". It is:

[email protected].

Ensure you head your email "COMPLAINT", because then they HAVE to deal with it under the terms of their own complaints procedure knowing that failure to do so may give the customer the right to instead use the Ombudsman-style service (most ombudsman services will not get involved unless it can be shown that a company's own complaints procedure has been exhausted).

As alluded to above, RM insist that there isn't an issue with our postal service. However, a member of RM's Customer Services recently advised me to contact them EVERY time a problem arises - no matter how small. That way, she said, RM can build up a picture of any problem and take "appropriate action" against ED sorting office. So, get complaining - and let the Forum know how you get on. The more evident the problem on the forum, the more ammunition/evidence we all have when the day comes to utilising the Ombudsman-type service. We DO have the power to change things for the better.

I have had numerous battles with Royal Mail in London.

Contacting Royal Mail by telephone is a disaster. The only way you will manage to get something done is if you telephone Royal Mail Head Office and ask for the Chairman or Adam Crozier's office. I have found staff in this department to be very helpful and get results.

You are advised they will respond within 5 working days - I'll shall report back later ;-)

I wrote a wonderful letter of complaint and bemusement of how a clearly presented letter with a destination of another London address ended up arriving at a Liverpool address... such a kind person who returned the important letter back...