Mobile Phone Insurance vs. paid for Current Account

clicka

I've only gone and joined the 21st century and got an all singing all dancing smart phone, and would you believe it or not you can actually use it as a phone as well! I'm even using it now to post this message!!

Problem is I'm a bit of a clutz and am prone to dropping things, especially phones - you know the deal - child in one hand, car keys in the other, phone rings, quick fumble around and hey presto phone ends up on the floor!!

So I was wandering what people's experience was with phone insurance. Is it worth paying for a current account which gives you "free" phone insurance - what are people's experiences with the various banks when it comes to claiming?

Any help / advise would be greatly appreciated in this bamboozling industry 😃

When I got my first smart phone (ages ago), I remember looking at the option my bank offered but decided not to go with it. Instead I went with my network (O2) and paid about ?7 per month. If you have a contract and lose or break the phone, you still have to pay for it for the next one/two years until it expires so I think it's important to be covered.

Last year I upgraded to my latest smart phone only to find that O2 and most of the other networks only offer insurance against loss but not against the phone going wrong or getting broken anymore. I posted on here for recommendations.

In the end I spent hours on-line looking at all the different mobile phone insurance companies and what they offered. The majority didn't give new for new or cover loss.

Luckily I found one that does both. I've not needed to claim but it's peace of mind, knowing I'm covered. The phone would be really expensive to replace if anything happens to it before it's paid for in 18 months.

I can't remember the company's name off hand but it costs ?7.99 per month.

I also use a screen protector and gel case which are very good to have.