Fantastic Local Plumbers

E.Pearce

I contacted Rick after reading comments on this feed and would highly recommend Rick and Dean. They squeezed us into their busy schedule and managed to fix a number of problems with our electric shower and drainage. Great guys, very efficient and they didn't overcharge. We have since used them again and will certainly use them in the future. Call Rick on 07721060037

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Some builders removed a radiator whilst some plastering was completed. Unfortunately they left a leaking pipe. After finding a recommendation on the EDF Rick came round on Saturday afternoon to fix the problem. No call out fee and a very reasonable charge. His number is 07721060037.

I can't agree with the comments on here we had Rick to do a plumbing job in our house he did the job but left some small bits to do the next day as he has to rush off, he never came back to finish despite repeated texts & calls. Eventually he promised a part refund which never materialised. Unfortunately we paid him the full amount as he insisted he would return to complete the last remaining bits of the job, lesson learnt by us. He was also over insistent that we posted a positive review on here & asked us to post on here numerous times before the job was finished.

ditto - Rick came over on the weekend and fixed a leaky tap, a VERY noisy loo and is about to replace all of our radiators. he's really pleasant and works fast. will write more once the radiator work is completed... but so far, so good!

An update on our work that Rick did, as he didn't return to finish it despite being paid we have had another person round today to finish it who says the work is not of a good standard & we are now paying a second person to finish the job. I'm obviously not going to dispute other good reviews as the people who have given good reviews are obviously happy with the work done, all I can say is that our experience has not been a good one.

EDIT: See bottom of post for update on situation.

Have to add a -1 for Rick, I'm afraid.

Called him yesterday - after reading the numerous recommendations above - to look at a faulty boiler. It is an older model and symptoms have presented themselves before, meaning that the same part has needed replacing twice already. Unfortunately we couldn't get hold of our landlord's regular plumber and we have had no heating or hot water since Monday night.

Rick was initially responsive at lunchtime and told us he'd ask his engineer "Castro" to come and do the work in the evening after 5pm. Castro arrived after 8pm, looked at the boiler, told my housemate that it was old and not worth replacing one part in case another should fail soon. He didn't do any work at all, charged us ?60 cash for his opinion and didn't give us a receipt for the landlord (although he promised Rick would bring one over today).

I called Rick this morning, and he reiterated Castro's opinion. I explained that, whilst we appreciated his opinion, the landlord was choosing to fix the fault and that is what we had requested. Also, expressed concern at the call out fee from Castro for telling us what we already knew and not doing anything. He promised to get Castro to call in the afternoon. No word. Called back and was told by Rick that he would send Castro's number by SMS so I could deal with him directly (and get this leaking, messy boiler fixed ASAP). He still hasn't sent me Castro's number, despite me texting to chase.

I hope this is all a misunderstanding, but our pockets are ?60 lighter (with no receipt), we've no heating or hot water, the boiler is still leaking and the whole thing smells a bit fishy right now.

I will come on to update on whether Rick and Castro redeem themselves but, sadly, I am losing hope.

EDIT (Thurs 10th, 07:50): I can report that Rick eventually made contact last night around 22:00 and again this morning. He offered to return the ?60 if Castro does not fix the problem. I have already repaired the issue myself in the meantime and got the boiler working fine. As a result, Rick has agreed to return the money to me around 12pm and has stated that he will no longer work with Castro. I will come back and confirm later whether or not the money is returned.

EDIT (Fri 11th, 18:40): I report that Rick returned the ?60 taken by Castro. Fair play, Rick, and thank you for doing the decent thing. I sincerely hope you stick to your vow to stop working with Castro so that you can keep your good name intact.

keane Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Would be interested to see if you got your refund

> Bigsee as Rick was supposed to be refunding us

> ?100 but it never materialised & he never came

> back to finish the job either!

Hmmm - sadly still no sign of the money here either. Rick asked for my bank details earlier this morning, which I sent him before 11am, and said that he return it around 12pm.

Not looking great just yet, but we'll see...

bigsee Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> keane Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Would be interested to see if you got your

> refund

> > Bigsee as Rick was supposed to be refunding us

> > ?100 but it never materialised & he never came

> > back to finish the job either!

>

>

> Hmmm - sadly still no sign of the money here

> either. Rick asked for my bank details earlier

> this morning, which I sent him before 11am, and

> said that he return it around 12pm.

>

> Not looking great just yet, but we'll see...

I am pleased to report that Rick returned the ?60 taken by Castro today. I trust that restores some faith in him in on this board (although one would do well to avoid working with his boiler engineer, Castro).

Many thanks, Rick!

My experience with Rick was excellent called him about a leaking toilet, he found the cause (actually a

manufacturing problem with the glaze) which previous 2 plumbers had missed. Was able to replace toilet there and

then and was a lot cheaper than either of the previous plumbers.

Based on this experience I will use him again.

Rick 07721 060037

We had a leaky sink and our previous plumber let me down.

I found Rick's (Rye Plumbing) number on google and called.

He answered and made a plan to come and visit later on that day - fantastically efficient.

He fixed the problem in no time and leak is solved - v reasonable rate.

I would highly recommend him for speed efficiency and effectiveness.

Great to find a great local plumber. :-)

Rick was great! Arranged for sat afternoon and even called in advance to say he was running 15 minutes over!! I have a rather peculiar situation as in a block of flats and Rick ensured that he done everything to fix what he can without costing me money that maybe the property management company need to take care of. Arrived back on Sunday out of hours to ensure the valves was turned off and advised further. Felt great to know someone cared about the issue and my well being as opposed to just getting the job done. Him and his brother were really polite and helpful. Will use for further work if and when needed. Thanks Rick!

Looking at all these glowing reviews it appears we have just been Unlucky but we still have an unfinished Job and the promise of a refund that never materialised. I am pleased that other people are happy as maybe we are in a minority that didn't get a good service from Rick but because of this I can't recommend him and wouldn't use again.